Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sound volume problems

The sound for the main features is very low, and then for the announcement it is louder, and for the advertisements for TCM promotions it is very loud. This is a technical problem with TCM that must be fixed. Time Warner says it is TCM's problem. It is nnot in my equipment because no other channel has this severe a variation. Please do this before I blast someone out of the room (again) by mistake.

• 5 weeks later...

I've got a similar problem. The feature is loud and when I turn it down I can't hear Robert Osborne's or Ben's intros, so I turn it up and the next feature blows me outta tha room. Once in awhile one of Mr. Osborne's intros will be as loud as a feature, leaving me wondering why they all can't be even - always.

Kid,

I wonder if you and studey are in the same area and/or have the same cable provider? We have DirecTV and don't experience the audio ups and downs on TCM that you and studey do.

That's always a possibility. I'm using Bright House and don't have this situation on other channels. I've also experienced this on other equipment in different locales - same provider, years apart. It's hard to imagine whoever's responsible for the end volume output not noticing a difference like this. I can't imagine what their reason would be for reducing volumes such as this. Your reception at a level volume indicates to me TCM is not the root of this, unless your TV has the built in Dolby sound leveling. I believe Bright House is responsible on my end, anyway, and they're in full denial.

Just now, as Giant was ending, the volume was up for listening. As soon as the announcer came on to announce Tonight on TCM's next three films, the volume dropped to almost zero.. barely audible, remaining there through the following section which showed some clips. As soon as Robert Osborne came on, the volume went up then down again as he talked. The volume went right back up to my normal listening level as soon as McLintock started.

That's just weird :-/