Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ROY ROGERS

GoFaster58

• 2 months later...

>I agree. They should have the Roy Rogers star for the month.

A couple of years ago (maybe three) TCM did honor Roy Rogers as part of the *Singing Cowboys* SOTM theme. They aired Rogers movies, some of which were not in the best of shape and his daughter did a series of interstitials talking about her father and mother and the films they made.

Dale,

One of the best moments I had while working in TV was on the "Hollywood Palace" back in 1969. One show had Roy Rogers as one of the guest. I grew up a Roy Rogers fan and to meet and work with him was one of the highlights of a 47 year career in that medium. Dale Evans was there also, but she didn't preform, just stayed on the side line and watched the show. Both were all a fan could expect of them. Friendly, outgoing and a all around pleasure to experience. I remember talking to Dale and I mentioned Gabby Hayes and she threw her head back and laughed and was telling me what a character he was and how much they loved him. It was a memory I still cherish...

Roy,

That is so cool! The *Hollywood Palace* was a terrific show, featuring some of the best entertainers of that era.

I hope one of these days you and I get to share a drink and talk about Hollywood back in the day!

Still got my fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings