Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

movie quotes with a twist game

brickdavis

Alec Guinness as Henry Holland: "I came straight on to Rio de Janerio 'Gay sprightly, land of mirth and social ease.' Pindlebury."

Character identified only as "British Man": "Plus six Eiffel Towers (paperweights). How much did they fetch?"

Guinness: "Twenty-five thousand pounds. Enough to keep me for one year in the style to which I was, uh, accustomed."

...IMO...A quotation, in this thread, makes the reference specific instead of being general or generic. Mention John Wayne and a reference to a brawl, and you could mean War Wagon or Katie Elder. A quote, even a brief one, can make it specific. For anyone who doesn't see it that way, they can't be made to do so , now can they?

speedracer, it makes sense to me that you have found the source. But this thread is about quotes. If you want to expand your answer, especially if it involves terms like "banquet" and "poor suckers", that may get a response from the player who posted the challenge.

I apologize I didn't expand upon my answer. I didn't realize those were the rules. This was the first answer in this thread that I actually knew the answer right off the bat. I promise I knew the full quote.

Next question:

Leslie Nielsen. "I am serious..."

Archived