Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

movie quotes with a twist game

brickdavis

dave, this is confusing, and I don't think I'm the only one confused. For one thing, I think you are using a character name rather than a performer's name., and there are a lot of Georges on the cast lists of a lot of movies. The Last name would have helped.

Mention of the Salinas River gives the impression that you may have reference to Of Mice and Men. Okay, "George" was played by Burgess Meredith in 1939, by Robert Blake in 1981, and by Gary Sinise in 1982. A short scroll through those sites on imdb didn't help.

Please let me know if I'm even on the right track here. And remember that the performer's name is almost a necessity in the questions on this thread. And that was the way the thread started out.

flashback42

Yes...You are correct!

I actually thought about this later and realized I screwed up...

Flash...thanks for your explanation. It really helps!

Sorry folks!

:0(

Flash...Your Thread!

DaveZ

The actors in this sequence had worked before this on the same film. But it was a decades-spanning, generational story, and the

characters lived their adult years in different times, so that they had no scenes together.

They have since made a film in which they worked together and had considerable personal interaction.

CLOSING THE QUESTION

"Do you see me doing thrill-seeker holdups with a 'Born to lose' tattoo on my chest?"

...Robert Di Nero to Al Pacino in 1995's Heat.  Both had major roles in this flick, but this coffee-shop conversation was their only scene together.

Open thread.

(change always seems to stink, at first, but there have been improvements, though they seem pretty fancy for my usual, quick & easy type posts. Be patient. 'Lzcutter' has been pretty helpful in the GD thread, or there's also a thread in tech. mess board section: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/forum/74-problems-with-the-message-boards/ )

to move on here....

Edmund Gwenn:  "instinct and talent"

noting lack of interest here, (where the heck is 'davez'?)

the quote's from THEM! ('54); Edmund Gwenn as 'Dr. Medford'

"But even the most minute of them have an _instinct and talent_ for industry, social organization, and savagery that makes man look feeble by comparison."

thread's open....

"I spent some time on the Fred Gwinn quote, Sixes, and couldn't do anything with it."

-the quote was by Edmund Gwenn, maybe that was the problem

(sorry, could't resist) :P

back to....

Michael Moriarty:  verbal words.

Michael Moriarty:  Verbal words

I cited this one from having seen the movie many times.  I have not been able to find it in any of the usual "film quotes" sites.  The movie is being run occasionally this month on one of the 'nostalgia movie'  channels.  The strange term 'tegwar' can be found in the same film.

Closing the question, because it doesn't seem to be reachable by research.

1973's Bang the Drum Slowly:  MLB contract negotiations for the New York Mammoths.  Ace pitcher Michael Moriarty surprises the executives by accepting their salary offer, when both sides know he's worth more.  He then asks for a special clause in his contract which gives them pause (This clause is a key plot element in the story that follows.)  They counter with an offer to have his request honored as an "understanding" but not have it in the contract itself.  He rejects this offer, saying, "No verbal words.  Must be wrote".

Open thread.

okay then, maybe Twins ('88); DeVito/Schwarzenegger ??

Danny to Arnold:  "Do you know how many times I've heard stories like this?  It's every orphan's fantasy.   My mom and dad were rich and beautiful.  But there was a mix-up at the hospital.  And I got switched with another baby.  But one day they'll..."

Your thread, Sixes.

• 4 weeks later...

Revealed in narration:  The character, whose language is Spanish, regrets that recent events have kept him from getting to a newspaper and learning the latest scores in American baseball.  Big fan of the Yankees.

Archived