Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone Watch The Son-Daughter Yesterday?

Hibi

It was one of the films on Novarro day I was going to record, but my dvr ran out of space. I was wondering how good it was. Have always wanted to see it, due to the pairing of Helen Hayes. Guess I'll have to hope its on again (hopefully) :(

Edited by: Hibi on Aug 9, 2013 9:25 AM

Edited by: Hibi on Aug 9, 2013 9:35 AM

I did record it and started watching it. I've only seen about 20 minutes of it, but I'm enjoying it! The scene in which Hayes and Navarro meet is really sweet. Of course it's one of those old movies where Anglos play Chinese, but both leads are giving good performances (so far).

Well, I watched it -- it's fascinating. They took pains to create a Chinese ambience with the script/dialogue. The very tender love scenes between Hayes and Novarro are quite touching, particularly in the musical scene. And they spared no expense with the Chinese paraphernalia. The cast -- though Anglos playing Chinese -- are quite good -- Hayes, Novarro, Oland, HB Warner, Ralph Morgan, and Louise Closser Hale. Two characters have bursts of energy that seem almost supernatural, but I guess it was adrenalin. I liked the film very much.