Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Character actor Paul Fix

smitty1931

Funny, and here from watching Wayne walk around in some of his earliest movies, I thought he walked just fine BEFORE meeting Paul.

(...which of course leads me up to this obvious punchline...)

I guess Duke didn't believe in the old adage..."If it ain't broke, don't..ahem..Fix it!"

Badum-CHING!

Sorry.

(...btw smitty, I went through Paul's filmography and counted a total of 14 films the two were in together)

Fix was also a writer who got credit for it in several Ford/ Wayne movies. He was also the father-in-law of Harry Carey, Jr. who so recently left us.

Of course it took six years as "Marshall Micah Torrance" on *The Rifleman* for me to know who he was. This was one of the great things about TV, it gave so many actors I love the chance for me to see them work as we couldn't afford movies. Later I found out just how extensive a career many had before that. To me, they were stars.

Have some spare time now so I thought I'd post the titles of all 25 films that Paul and Duke were in.They are:

Three Girls Lost

Somewhere in Sonora

The Desert Trail

Pittsburgh

In Old Oklahoma

The Fighting Seabees

Tall in the Saddle

Flame of the Barbary Coast

Back to Bataan

Dakota

Tycoon

Red River

Wake of the Red Witch

The Fighting Kentuckian

She Wore a Yellow Ribbon

Island in the Sky

Hondo

The High and the Mighty

The Sea Chase

Blood Alley

Jet Pilot

The Sons of Katie elder

El Dorado

The Undefeated

Cahill: US Marshal

Obviously, I'm a big fan of Wayne.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings