Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TRIVIA; what was title of *BOGEY & BACALL's 5th film they were starting???

This may be easy for Mongo & a few others?

Anyhow, thought I would throw this trivia item out there for you gals & guys to chew-on

*Bogey & Bacall were actually before the cameras & it's working title was set? It of course woulda' been the 5th they did together. & all are quite aware what stopped the shoot-(he actually contracted lymphoma during the terrific 1956 "Harder They Fall" (1956) (***1/2) *Steiger spoke of this on "Pvt. Screenings"

& you can also often see the pain the legendary actor was in during that 75th & final motion picture-(eyes tearing a bit)

What was the duo's attempted 5th flick?

& again, please drop me a line! To Mongo, path, Antar,etc as I previously just noted, having e-mail trouble.

Thank You

1st & foremost i want to thank (therealfuster)-(P.S. I think I inquired abiut this before, not certain. Please let me know origin of your 1 of a kind handle?)

& you kinda' confused me a wee-bit in saying-(sorry, I mean writing) "Would You..." talk to *Bogey & or *Spencer that way? Just drop me a reply-(on here or a personal 1 in what that meant. I think i know, but once-again, am curious?)

& to classicsfan, with all due respect. I was having comp. trouble for 1. & 2ndly, I know full well where such & such topics are supposed to be submiited-(I write for about a dozen others & the majority of which all have same type of catalog)

Thing is, "General Discussions" by far has thee most fellow TCM-ITES & I just thought it would be fun/neat to throw this small trivia question at these true cinephiles-(best on the net!)

& where they would easily be able to view said question the easiest as well

You had done this with many others too, as if you were it's webmaser of sorts?

Thank You

Ooops, the answer to the trivia question is: "Melville Goodwin, USA"-(there are a few bits still left of them starting it.)

& again, thanx to fuster

Is there a legitimate reason we should know about that you consistently fail to use it? ML

You just won't quit, will you?

I ask again, for the umpteenth time, who died and left you boss of this site?

So now posters, ALL posters, have to explain their actions and their grammar and their brain waves to YOU?

Judas Priest.

I just noticed, myidolspencer, that you TRIED to answer her holiness with:

You had done this with many others too, as if you were it's webmaser of sorts?

but she grandly chose to ignore you and instead coyingly THANK you for your response. No, she's the webmaster only in her own mind.

ML, you need to apologize to all of US for your insufferable attitude. You have singlehandedly made this board a very unpleasant place to post.

As for my moniker, I meant to put in Buster once, as a screen name on another site, for my idol, Keaton...but my finger slipped and I typed in Fuster. And it stuck, and I like it because people often think I am a man for some reason, and I find it funny when they cast aspersions toward me, that are gender related..but unfortunately not my gender.

My remarks concerning talking to Bogey or Spencer, were not directed at you. Being so lax and unregimented as to not see such precise dividing lines between forum areas as some see, I would not think of taking to task anyone for their placement of a post, but then...that's just me, non -martinet that I am.

Any fan of Bogey and Spencer is okay by me, wherever they place their posts and I enjoyed reading your brain teaser.

Congrats on stumping me completely with your great general purpose Bogey question, about "Melville Goodwin, USA"!

TRF

like I posted just recently, since we all have the right to express our opinions, offer suggestions and especially share our love of the movies which these boards are meant to exemplify, your on target.

ML you made a good point about the trivia question posted in the General Discussions forum instead of in the Trivia forum where it actually belongs and where TCM intended it to be. As professional and precise as Bogey and Spencer were I'm sure that they would agree with you

As many on these boards will concur Mary Lou has been one of our most respected members (for years) and hopefully will not be discouraged by those who also freely express their opinions, a few albeit, slyly and with a dab of venom.

You go girl!

Mongo

I came her to talk about movies, being that I am a movie fan, with those who like movies and that is all. I celebrate TCM for the films of many eras, which are quality entertainment and not simply exercises in thought control.

In trying to talk about movies, and not about other specific members' persecution complexes, victim mentality, control freak issues and other tiresome non-movie talk with which I have been assailed lately, I have been siderailed by non-movie talk which is not conducive to any forum or of any interest to me.

I shan't be sly, but shall say most boldy, that I do not suffer fools gladly who are subverting the real purpose of an open film forum, to conduct personal vendettas, to run crowd control or nitpick over minor issues with no authority. If one has an issue with another's posts as to specific flagrant abuses, then it should be handled through channels, and perhaps not in manners or modes seemingly meant ostensibly to embarrass or shame said individuals publically. Going through channels would be the polite way to handle such things, unless I missed something and did not know that certain persons here were in charge as appointed by TCM, which I did not read in the Terms of Usage.

Correct me if I am wrong here, and supply me with the names of those I need to obey, if I am nescient about their authority.

I doubt Bogey or Spencer would be impressed with such discourtesy to one of his fans, uttered in such idous, snide and officious terms as:

"Is there a legitimate reason we should know about that you consistently fail to use it?"

I'm here to talk movies, not deal with borderline personality issues, and those who want to talk movies, know where I am if they would like to have adult talk about films hereafter.

As in Field of Dreams, I shall continue to post, that they may come....

No remarks made above, are about you by the way, Mongo whose posts I enjoy. And you most certainly have a right to defend anyone you choose, but I thought you might like to see the viewpoint of an outsider from the "respected" ranks, that I keep hearing about interminably.

Venom, and vitriole by the way, are in the eye of the beholder.

WOW! What kept ya? And as usual a great composition.

It's my opinion and I'll be happy to stick with it...hell or high water...which I expected.

By the way I'm glad that you enjoy my posts, since they are meant to entertain.

Mongo

entertaining they are, Mongo!

Of course you should keep your opinion, as we all have a right to our individual ones.

Personally I like to venture forth opposing opinions more on films and personalities therein for scintillating conversations and debate from which I can learn, than to discuss the proclivities of fellow posters, which seems puerile and futile.

But if push comes to shove, well....I shall be honest when I see abusive behaviour, and call them as I see them, as that type of behaviour is outlawed by forum rules.

Great chatting with you and have you seen the film "Don't Go Near the Water"?

a Spielberg film that I'm crazy about.

In any event my post about ML was in response to remarks made earlier in the thread by another individual.

However, as a member, it was nice of you to take the time to express your thoughts...and quickly too.

And I never did see the movie "Don't Go Near the Water" although I do like Glenn Ford.

Mongo

who saw "Jaws" in a rather seedy part of town due to it being sold out at all the other theatres playing it at its opening.

When she came out of the darkened theater, she said she were afraid she might run into a shark in the parking lot. Her companion said, that the only shark they'd see in that part of town, was a loan shark.

Dreyfuss, Scheider and Shaw make a mighty triumvirate in that film, which is incredibly suspenseful to be sure.

I like Glenn Ford too...

"Don't Go Near the Water" is pretty tame, but does have some pretty women in it, if Eva Gabor, Gia Scala or Anne Francis is to your liking, Mongo?

Or perhaps you are more the Mary Wickes type?

By the way, just so as not to elicit grammar chastizement from any avenues, that should have been:

"When she came out of the darkened theater, she said she WAS afraid she might run into a shark in the parking lot."

Not to worry, grammer is secondary to me since I'm from Brooklyn (and proud of it). Our lingo was superior (although a dying breed) and we 'sointinly' understood each other which was all that mattered.

And yes I would much prefer the grand Mary Wickes over any of those babes you mentioned. Mary could join me at the Brooklyn Gardens for dinner and we would invite Edna May Oliver, Thelma Ritter, Connie Gilchrist, Lucile Watson, Sara Allgood, and Patsy Kelly (to kick some butt if anyone gets too smart with us).

Then off to Coney Island and to Nathan's for some dogs and fries. Of course we would go on the Cyclone for kicks. Ahhhh...if only.

Mongo

Just noticed something-(actually remembered it) Given you are a huge fan of: Buster Keaton-(1895-1966) you should immediately check out what is arguably thee finest-(next to TCM) "Golden Age Website" www.reelclassicsbyelizabeth

She's only about 28, but solely adores that era & her site is immense!

Some trivia on Buster-(you may already be aware of this) Marty Feldman-(1933-82) was also a huge fan & Keaton was his Idol, to the point of being laid to rest right next to him at the other>"Forest Lawn" in Calif. Hollywood Hills/Burbank-(as opposed to Glendale)

Thank You