Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bizarre occurrence

DownGoesFrazier

I've just got to bring this up........ A week ago, a truly vindictive person tried to cause significant anguish to me. Instead, unintentionally, this person's actions amounted to maybe the biggest favor that has ever been done for me..... Has anything similar to this ever happened to anyone on these boards, anyone you know, or been reflected in any film or book plot that you know of?

What about the film they showed last night on "The Essentials" - *The Bad and the Beautiful* ?

Although it should be said that the Kirk Douglas character was not "vindictive" and did not intend harm to the three people he affected negatively with his decisions. Still, he in one sense or another betrayed all three and wounded them deeply.

Yet, as is overtly spelled out by Walter Pidgeon's character, all three ultimately benefitted ( at least in one aspect of their lives) from these betrayals.

I do not know if this applies as it was not directed towards me specifically and it did not produce an unexpected benefit as such:

A person who was in a rush to reach the elevator knocked some things out of my hand. I missed that loading of the elevator because I had to stop to gather my things. It was not easy to find all of my things because the emergency lighting came on as soon as I began because there was a power outage.

I learned later that the people who were in the elevator had to wait nearly three hours before an engineer could be spared to deal with their problem.

> {quote:title=Dargo2 wrote:}{quote}Call me "nosy" here finance, but I'm dyin' to know the specifics of your particular "Blessing in disguise" here.

>

>

>

> You could even change the names in order to protect the innocent(or guilty) if ya want.

Dargou......maybe someone 'stole' one of financeu's girl friends and he found someone better instead ! :)

...maybe THAT was the "Blessing in disguise" :)

I once got fired from a job when some schlitz-wit( thanks Fly...I like that one!) I didn't get along with blamed me for something HE did. I found a better job, and HE got fired for doing the same thing AGAIN!

Does that count?

Sepiatone