Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

More differences in function

Sepiatone

I mentioned a long time ago that I couldn't figure out if it was the site, or my PC that made it not possible for me to use the "rich text" function on this site. I had to use "plain text" if I wished to type and post anything here. For a short while, "rich text" became available to me, but after yet another "automatic update" from microsoft, THAT disappeared again.

In plain, to be able to print anything in BOLD, I'd have to hit CTRL+B for it to work. Hitting the "B" at the top didn't work. Forget italicizing. Just couldn't be done. Smilies too would have to be done manually.

But today I discovered that even hitting CTRL+B will NOT activate the bold function! Since there were NO recent "updates", and the only change I could see was in the look of this site yesterday, I've reached one jumped conclusion. Something HERE might be causing the problem. Is that possible? I'm about as tech savvy as a shoe, so I couldn't determine it with any certainty.

Sepiatone

>The numbers for the different pages of the threads are also missing now. In the past we could scroll through the pages.

>

>How do we view threads beyond those on the first page of a forum?

The numbers are still there. But they are in white, the same as the background color.

Just highlight the numbers and make them blue, and then you can see them.

>Fellas, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

We ask this question every time they do it, which is every couple of years.

Someone at the top of some department decides that the format of the message board needs changing, although we never request any change.

Then they change it.

Then they spend the next two or three months trying to correct all the mess, the errors, and the problems they caused by changing it.

>I meant the icon to post the prev. message along with the other icons i.e. emotiocons.....All of them are Missing.

I guess I've never noticed it.

I copy and paste the prev. message, and I use the right arrow to put it in a white box.

...the arrows are missing too (:

..plus, when I 'click' onto the Italic button, it does not work ! (:

Everything is 'screwy' ! (:

Twink

PS Plus 'Rich Text' and 'Plain Text ' , also missing.

I feel as if I have been 'invaded' on my own computer .

Edited by: twinkeee on Aug 14, 2013 9:26 PM

The numbers for the different pages of the threads are also missing now. In the past we could scroll through the pages.

How do we view threads beyond those on the first page of a forum?

The numbers are still there. But they are in white, the same as the background color.

Just highlight the numbers and make them blue, and then you can see them.

Thanks, Fred.

That was certainly an "interesting" design choice--=having the numbers the same color as thebackground.