Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Brandon DeWilde Day for Next Year's Summer Under The Stars

HoldenIsHere

The discussion about the the final words in SHANE has got me to thinking about how nice it would be to see during next year's Summer Under The Stars a day devoted to the movies of Brandon DeWilde, whose life ended tragically at the age of 30 in 1972..

But would TCM have access to enough films for an entire day?

I know they have shown THE MEMBER OF THE WEDDING and GOOD-BYE, MY LADY a few times on TCM and have also aired ALL FALL DOWN and IN HARM'S WAY at least once. Ideally, SHANE and HUD should be shown, but would TCM be able to get the rights to air these Paramount films? I've never seen either on TCM although it was stated on the message boards that SHANE was shown in 2009. It would also be good to see BLUE DENIM, a 20th Century Fox film that has never ben released on video. I don't know if this movie has ever aired on TCM. THOSE CALLOWAYS was a Disney film so I'm not sure if TCM would be able to get the rights (although I have seen at least one Disney film ---OLD YELLER--- on TCM).

• Like 2

DeWilde was a fine young actor but since TMC just had a day of Wallace Berry, I don't think I could stand to see They All Fall Down and her DeWilde say berry, berry, over and over again!

Haha! Good one, jamesjazzguitar!

Maybe they could air ALL FALL DOWN late at night or in the early morning hours.

I did find the name Berry-Berry quite amusing. I think everyone in the movie called Warren Beatty's character by that name.

DeWilde was a fine young actor but since TMC just had a day of Wallace Berry, I don't think I could stand to see They All Fall Down and her DeWilde say berry, berry, over and over again!

Haha! Good one, jamesjazzguitar!

Maybe they could air ALL FALL DOWN late at night or in the early morning hours.

I did find the name Berry-Berry quite amusing. I think everyone in the movie called Warren Beatty's character by that name.

• 8 years later...
On 8/18/2013 at 3:26 PM, HoldenIsHere said:

Ideally, SHANE and HUD should be shown, but would TCM be able to get the rights to air these Paramount films? I've never seen either on TCM although it was stated on the message boards that SHANE was shown in 2009. It would also be good to see BLUE DENIM, a 20th Century Fox film that has never ben released on video. I don't know if this movie has ever aired on TCM. THOSE CALLOWAYS was a Disney film so I'm not sure if TCM would be able to get the rights

SHANE  HUD and BLUE DENIM have all been shown on TCM ... and I think it was this year... not certain. 

TCM could hal/ve it out for a SUTS DAY presenting BRANDON De WILDE and KEVIN COUGHLIN.  Both were child actors and both died at age 30.  Coughlin was hit by a speeding car in January 1976; a hit-and-run accident. 

I think there would be enough movies between both of them to program for a day.  Or at least MOST of a day. 

• Like 1

SOTS should devote the whole entire month to Child Stars!!! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

Natilie Wood, Brandon de Wilde, Shirley Temple, Dean Stockwell, The Little Rascals,  Judy Garland, Jackie Cooper, Freddie Bartholomew, Margaret O'Brien, Patty Duke, Elizabeth Taylor, Jodie Foster, Mickey Rooney, Anna Pacquin, Dakota Fanning, Lindsey Lohan, Haley Mills, Sal Mineo, Sabu,  Tony Blake, Roddy McDowell, Bob Watson Debbie Reynolds, Jane Powerll, Ann Miller, Natalie Portman, Corey Feldman, Corey Haim, whewww, I ran out of names.. But that should be enough for the Month of August 2022. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2013 at 7:18 PM, JamesJazGuitar said:

DeWilde was a fine young actor but since TMC just had a day of Wallace Berry, I don't think I could stand to see They All Fall Down and here DeWilde say berry, berry, over and over again!

Where?  ;) 

Sepiatone

I like to think how ridiculous the 1962 movie ALL FALL DOWN would be if, instead of Warren Beatty's character being referred to as "Berry-Berry", he was called "Tomatoe-Tomatoe".  🍅🍅

(P.S.  This is the "Dan Quayle Spelling" of 'tomatoe' because he liked to put 'e's at the end of words like 'potatoe', remember?  So I'm going with that!).   👍

Whachu think? 

Speaking of 'Child Stars' there's also BOBBY DRISCOLL and SCOTTY BECKETT.  They were busy as child actors.  Shame they both met sad ends. 

• Haha 1

Now that we lost the talented Dean Stockwell, we will see his films by the end of the year.

Correction on my previous post, the child star name is Robert Blake, not Tony Blake and I left Russ Tamblyn off this list of child actors. Before Tom Thumb, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, and before Father of the Bride, Russ Tamblyn was in Samson and Delilah. I looks like he was about 8 or 9 years old.