Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LITTLE RASCALS BEST SUGGESTION EVER FOR ESSENTIAL JRS!! CMON BEN!

peg6969

ANY ONE ELSE THINK IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE THE LITTLE RASCALS ON ESSENTIAL JRS??? PLEASE HELP ME MAKE THIS HAPPEN, IT WOULD BE GREAT TO INTRODUCE OUR GANG TO THIS GENERATION, & LETS FACE IT WE OURSELVES WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM AGAIN TOO! SO C'MON BEN & TCM TAKE THIS SUGGESTION YOU KNOW IT WOULD BE THE BOMB!!!

I don't know about Essentials Jr., but if TCM could show TARZAN movies every Saturday until they ran through all of them, why NOT have "Our Gang" displayed in the same fashion? SCREW the kids...THIS old **** would get a kick out of it!

Sepiatone

TCM had a Little Rascals marathon a couple of years ago. I wish they repeat it, was at work and wish I knew it ahead of time. It's the silents I'm mostly interested in because their sound films has been seen many times. They were referred to back in the 1920's as "Hal Roach's - His Rascals".

ourgang.jpg

Jackie Cooper had a l-o-n-g career. :)

cooper-jackie.rascals.jpg

Jackie_Cooper_in_Gallant_Sons_trailer.jp

jackie_cooper--300x300.jpg

I have no doubt that TCM would love to show more of the Hal Roach film library. They have showcased it a couple of times in the last few years.

The big problem that TCM faces, in terms of the Hal Roach library and the "Rascals", is that the owner of the Hal Roach library is very hard to deal with and tends to only make deals with TCM for specific and very clearly defined limits on the number of rebroadcasts and time.

The Roach library is usually showcased in a specific month-long tribute and the films aren't able to be rebroadcast the way other studios' films are.

There are, of course, exceptions.

The last time that The Little Rascals shorts were featured was in January of 2011, when they ran 52 of them in a row from 8:00 one night to 8:00 the next night. I'm sure that TCM would love to show them again, but as was pointed out earlier, the Roach estate is tough to deal with.

Back in "the day", a friend of mine who was a member of the Blackhawk Film Society set up his projector in my house and showed a group of us damned near every one of 'em!

It's one night I'll never forget. The other one was when he did the same with his LAUREL & HARDY collection!

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings