Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dick Van Dyke escapes firey death.

hamradio

>Rob Petrie in a car?

Why, SURE FlyBack!

Doncha remember when he bought that shiny new 1964 "Tarantula" sports car???

(...and much to Laura's consternation...though NOT as much to her consternation as that time he bought that little "Geronimo" motorcycle, of course!)

I would think that it would have had to have started as an electrical short circuit somewhere under the hood(wait...it's a Jaguar, isn't it...I mean under the "bonnet") or under the instrument panel.

(...though WHEREVER it started, it might be time for Jaguar to update that there "Jaguar Safety" webpage you linked and by adding a disclaimer or two, EH?!) ;)

LOL

On MeTV they do promos for the show "Emergency!" showing clips of other MeTV shows , example "Squad 51, man trips over ottoman" using the classic Rob Petrie pratfall. Maybe Gage and Desoto were there to assist Mr Van Dyke in his latest miss fortune. :) Seriously, very glad to hear he is A OK.

Wait ham! I've just thought of another possible cause for Dick's car becoming this fiery infernal....and from which if I haven't mentioned before here yet that I'm VERY glad to hear Dick was able to escape.

Ya see, MAYBE this wasn't Jaguar's fault at ALL!

Now, you know how they often have those incidences of extreme "road rage" out there in La La Land?!(well, at least THIS old ex-Angeleno knows of 'em, anyway)

And soooooo, MAYBE these sorts of incidences out there have NOW progressed to the point that they're usin' incendiary RPGs INSTEAD of just your garden variety 9mm handguns when someone feels overly insulted by another motorist's actions?! AND, maybe Dick was just in the wrong place at the wrong time???

(...just a theory here, of course...as always, your mileage may vary)

Good try, Mr.R, BUT word has it that Gage and Desoto have been retired and drawing a healthy pension from the L.A. City(or was it County?) Fire Department since 1994.

(...and with Gage now living comfortably up in Lake Arrowhead with his 3rd wife, and with Desoto still residing in his Encino residence with his first wife...though there's talk that HIS wife has been spending WAY too much time lately at Freddy's Bar and Grill on Ventura Blvd while imbibing WAY too many dirty martinis by herself on this one particular barstool)

Randolph Mantooth(what a name, HUH?!) played 'Gage', sfpcc.

Hmmmm..."Superior Donuts" was the play's title you saw him in, huh?!

(...obvious joke to follow)

Sooooo, he's gone from playin' Firemen to playin' Cops now, eh?!

I saw Mr Van Dyke on the news, he seems to be taking the experience very well, "Always look on the bright side" attitude. -----PS. I think I know what happened here, Alan Brady left one of his hairpieces in the back of the car and it spontaneously combusted.