Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pineknoll

William Holden in "Fedora"

It has been so long since I saw the William Holden film, "Fedora". It wasn't a hit. But, it was such a strange film, I would love to see it again.

I'd like to see that too. Ive never seen it, but I have read about it in both a Wilder bio and a Dietrich bio. Wilder had originally planned the movie for Dietrich, but she wouldn;t go for it. Too close to home, probably.

I really hope someone releases this film on DVD ( are you listening Warner Brothers Archives) or whom ever own the rights.

I hadnt known that about Dietrich. She would've never gone for looking old in the film. Ironically, it was her friend, Hildegarde Knef, that played the part.....

No, that was definitely NOT a role Dietrich would have gone for. I think Faye Dunaway was to have played the daughter. I hadn't realized it was also a book--I'd gotten the impression that Wilder wrote it. Now I want to read the book AND see the movie!

Well, its part of a book. By Tom Tryon. Think it was called Crowned Heads. I think there were four stories (none of them linked) that were about Hollywood.......

I bought the VHS tape for about 30$. It's a very strange but very good movie. It used to be the one film I want TCM to show but now I Don't really care. It's kind of half **** off goodbye to the golden days of Hollywood .

see it if you can.

(Billy Wilder made one last film, Buddy Buddy which is supposed to be

lousy. he lived long enough to befriend Cameron Crowe and to see Almost Famous. In an interview he said he wanted to direct Schindler's List.)