Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

wouldbestar

I can't believe I'm the only one who caught this. In the Brick/Big Daddy confrontation near the end you can clearly hear the melody to "Empty Arms", the love theme from the William Holden/Eleanor Parker Western *Escape from Fort Bravo*. Both movies are from M-G-M so it's not that strange but it was certainly not something you'd expect.

I did like the movie better this time around but still think they had no business making films of Williams' plays when they left out the crux of the plots. How insulting this must have been to him! *Suddenly, Last Summer* was even worse than this was. At least now I know what was missing and can figure it out for myself.

Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor were both at the peak of their beauty. It's hard to believe that any straight man would resist Taylor. The 1950 sensors would never have allowed the truth about Skippers and Brick's bromance. And why would Skipper kill himself just because he tried to have sex with Maggie?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings