Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When oh when is the next TCM Programming Challenge?

LonesomePolecat

Mea culpa, I didn't see your earlier post. For my sins, I fear that's it's my gig to post the challenge. The previous victor -- Capuchin -- told me that it should be done by October. I hope to get it together in September and will make it (I hope) sufficiently loony.

I'm bumping the thread so that more people will see it. Here's hoping some new people will try their hands, along with those of us who love pretending to program TCM for a week.

Swithin, if you have any questions about hosting it, send a PM to one of the vets like capuchin or lzcutter or filmlover or Polecat.

If you've never tried to put a week's schedule together, you'll be surprised at how much you learn, such as which stars worked at which studios. You also have an increased appreciation for the work of the real programmers.

Thanks, Kingrat.

When Capuchin passed on the torch, he sent advice as well as links to all the former challenges, which is very helpful. Actually, my day gig for more than 30 years was as an arts producer/programmer, so I have a little experience, but how to make it different is the big challenge. Maybe I'll have a rule that says no films with Barbara Stanwyck allowed, or something like that. (Pace, Eugenia, just kidding! Where are the smiley-faces when you need them!)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings