Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

guess what

classiccinemafan

I hate the new graphics. So you all know. Everyone has an opinion. But for some reason people like the new ugly , boring bright backgrounds. It doesn't feel like the same channel anymore.

I haven't watched TCM for the past couple of months not just because of the new graphics , but the same old movies being shown again and again and again. I feel as if I seen everything already and there's nothing left to be seen. I seen everybody's best films.

Lately , I just watch DVDs and read back issues of magazine's such as Cult Movies and FilmFax. I no longer buy the magazines because I refuse to spend over $3 on a magazine. It's the same with DVDs. I refuse to spend over $5 on a DVD. To me $5 is like $50 and $10 is like $100. To me, Blu-ray is a luxery. Prices of DVDs have fallen so low , they're almost dirt cheap when compared to Blu-ray. You could buy 4 movies on two DL DVDs while 1 Blu-ray movie cost $19 - $39.

> classiccinemafan wrote:

> I haven't watched TCM for the past couple of months not just because of the new graphics , but the same old movies being shown again and again and again. I feel as if I seen everything already and there's nothing left to be seen. I seen everybody's best films.

That is a common feeling after a few years for all who concentrate their television viewing on TCM. I often find that the majority of a month's schedule is split between movies I like so very much that I have them on DVD and movies which I like so very little that I will not watch them.

The bright point is that TCM has many premieres each month and that they rotate movies so that it is often many years between airings.

When I compile a list of such movies then I find that there is far more content on TCM than there is on any other channel. It is not 24/7 but it is considerable.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings