Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Joel Mccrea in The More the Merrier, Need I say more

BasilBruce

Did anyone not completley drool over Joel Mccrea in this film? I mean between him in his bathrobe half the time and his closeness to Jean Arthur, who could want more? I mean I know he was married for almost sixty years and hopefully a faithful husband to her, but does anyone else agree he was at his best here?

The scene on the steps, along with the telephone kissing scene in Notorious is one of the sexiest scenes in classic movies...all without breaking the Production Code. Jean was very funny in love scenes. Have you seen the one in A Foreign Affair?

More the Merrier

A Foreign Affair

I would like to think that the on going enthusiasm for Joel McCrea on these boards helped put him over the top. At any given time there are a number of candidates for the future SOTMs. We may have put McCrea on the fast track. Picture the TCM programmers fearing the villagers storming the gates (like a Frankenstein movie). They had to act, or else :)

>For some reason, the campaigns for Warren William and Susan Hayward have thus far failed to gain traction. I thought that Hayward was terrific in ADA the other day.

One thing to keep in mind is that I started the Joel McCrea campaign thread almost two years before he debuted as a SOTM. That meant constantly updating the thread every few weeks to keep the campaign alive.

MsW's jingles also helped keep the thread going and helped drum up interest.

So, while it's no guarantee that a campaign will be successful, it is something that requires a fair amount of commitment to keep the thread(s) active.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings