Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Day the Fish Came Out on FMC tomorrow

Swithin

Thanks to Arturo, I have been made aware that a truly crazy movie which I saw in my youth (1967) will be on Fox Movie Channel tomorrow. *The Day the Fish Came Out*, directed by Michael Cacoyannis (who also designed the costumes!), stars Tom Courtenay. I remember it as being bizarre and a camp classic. My cable company gives the film

1 1/2 stars!

Here is part of the description on Wikipedia:

"Life on the remote Greek resort island of Karos is forever changed when atomic bombs are dropped there by a NATO plane rapidly losing power. Life on the island is so bleak that the inhabitants stage a mass exodus on news that Denmark has opened Greenland to Greek emigration. The pilots drop their payload - which includes atomic weapons, but also a mysterious package called simply "Container Q" - over land, because they are under orders not to drop at sea. The hapless pilots bail out and reach the island with no equipment or means to contact their headquarters, and only their underwear..."

Michael Cocoyannis made a film Called Sweet Country about twenty years later. Like Missing, (directed by fellow Greek Costas Gravis) it was about the revolution in Chile. The film was okay, but it was overshadowed by one of the most disturbing scenes in film history. A group of female political prisoners are forced to strip and **** in front of a group of male policemen. While channel surfing late one night I saw the scene on cable and it's haunted me for years. Eventually I saw the whole movie a couple of years ago,

I've never seen The Day The Fish Came Out. It does not sound like The Fish Who Saved Pittsburgh.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings