Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As Memorial Day approaches, let us take a few moments from our celebrating to remember our veterans,living and dead,as well as those presently serving. Because of their sacrifices we are able to enjoy our freedoms. Wishing everyone a safe and sane Memorial Day.

Ken.

Thank you ken ... and thanks TCM, for honoring our veterans and present military as well, with the excellent line-up of films throughout this weekend, which begins in a little under two hours with the Oscar winning "The Bridge on the River Kwai" and continues into the wee hours of Tuesday morning (the last day of May).

Same here, ken and Amen. God bless those those that have served and died for their country and God bless those that served and survived and those currently serving.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Mongo

Thankyou Kenwalk04 for starting this thread.

A big Thank you goes out from my family to all who have served and are serving. Also, a big Thank you to TCM for what looks like a wonderful movie weekend. I have the VCR all set for when and if I fall asleep..Lol.. I also wish everyone a safe and happy Memorial Day.

Jalanna Polaris

thanks ken To our brave ones in uniform past & present

a God bless & thank you for the freedoms i enjoy because

you served your country on my behalf. I also wnat to extend to the families of the servicemen overseas

thank You for your sacrifice too! We have the best fighting men in the world in all branches of the military

we are a blest nation and this weekend a proud & humbled

nation Godspeed Soldiers March on! we love you &

support you all and pray for your safe return.We salute

you! lolite....

for taking the time to make this post.

I feel privileged to live in this country and appreciate all that our veterans have done for us.

The scene from "The Day the Earth Stood Still" came into my mind as I read your post, where Billy Gray takes Michael Rennie to Arlington Cemetery, to visit his father's grave, and the alien is stunned at how many had died in wars. It brings into focus the enormity of the sacrifice of others that have kept our freedoms strong.