Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Showing too many of the same movies over and over

jcutie

I've been watching TCM a long time and a long time old movie fan. In the recent last two years. And, particularly in the last year there seems to be a repeat off too many time of the same film. Mildred Pierce was on as an Essential a couple of weeks ago. Then it was on when Cher and R. Osborne were on. Then prior to that it was on before that at some point. Same thing with many of these other movies. The Music Man was on last week. And, it had also been on, I think on like 4th of July or something or perhaps as one of those family movies. Would appreciate if the progamers at TCM could come up with some other movies that are unique to show at 8 pm - not silents, uggh. But ones that aren't shown a great deal or I seem to miss them - The Little Foxes, The Magnificent Ambersons. Thanks so much

>Would appreciate if the progamers at TCM could come up with some other movies that are unique to show at 8 pm

There used to be other films TCM used to show, but they don't show them anymore, and they don't turn up on any other channel, such as Phantom Lady and Tall In The Saddle. Once a year in prime time would be fine for these films. Angel and the Badman used to be shown, but hasn't been shown in a long time.

While Brute Force and Bird Man of Alcatraz are shown over and over and over again in prime time. I never want to see them ever again. I've seen them enough for a lifetime.

I don't know why some great films are filed away and never shown again, while others are shown too many times a year.

> jcutie wrote:

> I've been watching TCM a long time and a long time old movie fan. In the recent last two years. And, particularly in the last year there seems to be a repeat off too many time of the same film.

I believe that is a normal reaction.

The movies you cite were not repeated more often than many others. The repeats are more noticeable to you because they are movies which are not precisely to your taste. This is normal human response and reaction that you notice more irritations than you do occasional joys.

I believe it is not possible for any channel to suit all viewers at all times.

The best which I can suggest is to build a library of DVDs to watch when TCM is airing movies which are not to your taste and to enjoy the many TCM premiers each month.

Fred, if you're going to get "mad" at someone about this recent exchange, do so with me, not darkblue or any other poster on this thread.

To be honest, I think calling anyone here "babes" all the time is a bit silly. Yes, I frequently call people "baby". But that's just it, I don't limit it to one person, and I do it in the spirit of friendliness, often to soften it if I'm disagreeing with them.

I don't have a pet name for a single "pet" fellow poster. I think it's a little inappropriate.

I would not be surprised if I got "suspended" for coming right out and saying this. If that happens, so be it. I don't think I "deserve" it, but there are certain prohibitions here that may be perceived as my not following.

Sorry about that extremely awkward sentence.

Anyway, darkblue has not in any way done anything he shouldn't have, he was merely answering the question I posted last night.

If anyone is going to "get in trouble" for this recent exchange of posts, it should be me.

(Sorry, I should have said, "It should be me, babes.")

Maybe we should all listen to that Sonny and Cher song. Let's all link arms, figuratively speaking, and sway to the pop strains of "I Got You, Babes". So we'll add an "s", poetic license.)

Edited by: misswonderly on Sep 4, 2013 5:47 PM

Well, not when I do it. I mean it in a complimentary way...I only do it with people I like, when I'm in a mellow sort of mood.

George C. said "baby" all the time, to the point where he felt he owned it, and was outraged when someone else used it. I hate to admit this, but there were times when I identified with George (C., not B.)