Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Neighborhood House

I recently seen the movie Neighborhood House but it was only 20 minutes long from it's original 58 minute running time. Do you have the original full movie? I thought it was a very funny movie and would like to see the rest of it. Thanks Jim

• 4 weeks later...

I would Love to see the entire film; however I think Chase filmed it as a feature & originally entitled it; "Bank Night".

Unexpectedly, there were major legal problems with the corporation that sponsored that popular giveaway gimmick & forced Hal Roach to withdraw the film after initial trade screenings.

To cut the loss, the studio edited the footage down to a conventional 2-reel short & the title was changed to "Neighborhood House".

Sadly, it would be the last Chase Film to be released by Hal Roach.

The Roach studio was phasing out it's short comedies for the profitable features & it may have thought Chase could not carry an entire feature film alone, so there was no longer a place there for him.

A sad ending to the Roach years!

I would Love to see the entire film; however I think Chase filmed it as a feature & originally entitled it; "Bank Night".

Unexpectedly, there were major legal problems with the corporation that sponsored that popular giveaway gimmick & forced Hal Roach to withdraw the film after initial trade screenings.

To cut the loss, the studio edited the footage down to a conventional 2-reel short & the title was changed to "Neighborhood House".

Sadly, it would be the last Chase Film to be released by Hal Roach.

The Roach studio was phasing out it's short comedies for the profitable features & it may have thought Chase could not carry an entire feature film alone, so there was no longer a place there for him.

A sad ending to the Roach years!