Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Post-WW2, College Students, Veterans vs Non-Veterans, Possibly A Comedy

IslandMadMacs

This is from another board where the question seems to have run its course with no leads. I've edited the request.

A post WWII film about college students who are all veterans, most of whom saw combat. They form their own social club, similar to a fraternity, and get into conflicts with the younger frat boys over girls and having to wear beanies and similar collegiate rah-rah stuff. Two of the main characters are competing for the same girl...natch. There's a showdown at an off-campus party and somebody gets hurt...maybe it was the girl, maybe not.

Probably made in the late Forties, when so many people were going to school on the GI Bill and living in old Quonset huts, mostly at at state schools.

I thought it might be "Take Care of My Little Girl" (1951), with Jeanne Crain, but that's about sororities and snobbery. This film was about fraternities, but mostly about how the WWII vets were trying to fit in and readjust to being students and civilians, after all they'd seen and been through. Been trying to remember the name of this film for the last forty years.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings