Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

'Last Train to Memphis' adaptation, Elvis Open Call

Devri

>Dargo said: I mean, does anyone really remember, let alone try to emulate the guy anymore???

There is still fairly strong interest in Elvis. He is #2 in earnings after death - $60M, with Michael Jackson being #1 @ $200M. Still, each passing day furthers the distance, weakening the connections between them and their public. Our attrition will probably do the most damage in that area.

You knew of course I had my tongue firmly planted in my cheek while I typed that, right Kid?! ;)

But yep, good point. As with most popular cultural phenomena and as each successive generation passes on, their touchstones inevitably fade from society's collective memory. And even as popular as Elvis and MJ still presently are, they most likely will not turn out to be the exceptions to this over time.

>Dargo said: You knew of course I had my tongue firmly planted in my cheek while I typed that, right Kid?!

I surely did, sir :)

>ALso : ..and as each successive generation passes on, their touchstones inevitably fade from society's collective memory. And even as popular as Elvis and MJ still presently are, they most likely will not turn out to be the exceptions to this over time.

That was beautiful, man! :(

Btw...not knowing for sure about this, I've just looked up the correct plural of "thesaurus", and depending upon the source, either "thesauri" or "thesauruses" is evidently correct.

(...and now if you'll excuse me, I have to go tend to by garden of cactuses and feed my pen of hippopotamuses...my tank of octopuses were already fed yesterday, so I don't have to worry about them) ;)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings