Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Info on actress Sheila Sedgwick or film "Carshy"??

brentwin

A friend asked if I knew anything about a relative of hers, an actress named Sheila Sedgwick, or one of her films, "Carshy" from the silent era. I cannot find info on either the actress or the movie online. Has anyone heard of the actress or this movie? Like me, this friend is trying to learn more about her family and old Hollywood connections.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a photo and what information the family knows:

Clay Miller Elkin (stage name Sheila Sedgewick or Sedgwick?), born 1903 in Kentucky. She was in Mac Sennett films, probably not after 1927 or so, and that she also was in the Ziegfeld Follies. She did at least one musical arrangement for Frank Sinatra some years later.

I do not know what she means by "she did at least one musical arrangement"...composed it? Sang it? Where, on film?

t1zc.jpg

If anyone has any information on this actress (what films she was in, where we could get more info about her, anything at all), please email famousplayers@yahoo.com . If anyone know where the Mack Sennett, Fox Studio or Ziegfield Follies files are or if they exist, please contact me too.

Born 5-23-1903 in Fayette, KY

Died 11-18-1980 in Los Angeles

Husband Walter F. McChrystal (d. 1986)

Son: Phillip Clay McChrystal (d. 2013)

Daughter: Beverly McChrystal

1940 census had them living at 1418 Oak, Pasadena, CA

Still haven't found a movie connection..... Married name was Clay Miller McChrystal.

Edited by: drednm on Sep 29, 2013 1:01 PM