Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FAMILY PLOT

HoldenIsHere

But holding the audience in confidence WAS done a lot in the silent days, albeit mostly in comedies. It carried briefly into talkies. Groucho Marx often spoke in "asides" to the audience, and how many times did Oliver Hardy look out at the audience in exasperation whenever Stan did something foolish? In fact, many in the Hal Roach studios did this trick. When ALFIE came along, it really wasn't any kind of innovation.

Sepiatone

I dont think so. He was working on another film after Family Plot, but ill health forced him to shelve it. Hitch is seen as a silhouette talking to someone behind a door when Dern goes to the Registrar (or whoever it was) checking on the death certificate.

I really enjoyed seeing Family Plot again. I remember many critics dismissing it at the time as minor Hitchcock, but I think it holds up very well. It's very entertaining and full of humor. I enjoy watching it more than the grisly Frenzy that he made just before that. (that the critics went wild over). Barbara Harris and Dern are very funny.......

Edited by: Hibi on Sep 17, 2013 11:15 AM

Critics seem to agree on that (Frenzy) But I dont find it as entertaining as Family Plot for some reason. Maybe because the actors are all British and relatively unknown. Plus the graphic nature of it..... Family Plot is more fun (at least for me.....)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings