Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I Can't Believe....

Tikisoo

...the TCM "boards" went through an overhaul "update" over a month ago and they STILL haven't figured out white page numbers just don't show up on a white field!

Really?

Not nearly as annoying, but still pretty badly designed is the top menu links where "month highlights" overruns "community TCMDB" and "movie morlocks" overruns "magazine shop". You can clearly see the bars that are supposed to separate the words falling within the word itself.

Just sloppy and unprofessional. HTML is just not that hard to figure out, and TCM _paid_ someone to make these changes?

Wow.

Well, this is how mine looks:

tcmboards.jpg

Seems to be an entirely different font.

When you're on a message board, can you see the page numbers?

I can, if they are on the light turquoise field, but I still seem to have WHITE NUMBERS on a WHITE FIELD!

Issues like this used to happen because I was on a Mac, but these days everyone has a Mac, so it should be an even playing field.

That is messed up. No one can see the page numbers on white. For us PC users, we have to swipe the mouse across them as if we're going to copy them, that highlights them on a blue background. I don't know if this is specific to all Mac's or just your computer. Maybe some MAC users can chime in.

I was having similar problems here awhile back on my PC. Different areas overlapping, combinations of two different pages on one screen. This will probably go away once they finish revamping here, it's just a question of when.

The specific problem being referred to, the white letters on a white background, is a bug in the CSS for the site. CSS, for those who don't know, stands for Cascading Style Sheet, which is a confusing way to say it is a text file that contains the code for how things look on a website. It is not a PC or a Mac specific thing.

You can see this clearly how the CSS is affected by using a website like http://colorfilter.wickline.org/, which will let you see any website in black and white.

HTML, these days, is only used for the structure of the site. All of the data comes out of a database, and the functionality is javascript.

Since it isn't something set within the forum software, I can't fix it. But, TCM is aware of the problem and hopefully will have it fixed sooner than later.

Thanks for responding, TCMAdmin. Guess we'll just have to wait until they figure out how to fix it.

(but really, it's been what, a month now? If I ever designed a blunder like white lettering on a white field, I'd be FIRED and someone else would have been called in to fix it asap)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings