Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Plot Similiar to 'Jeanne Eagles'

VelvetBlackstone

Anyone know the name of another classic black and white film that depicts a small time actress moving to New York to make it on Broadway and doing whatever it takes and ruining lives in the process? I am not thinking of 'All about Eve'. This actress in the plot comes from a fictitious town in upstate New York and is married to a small time vaudeville actor. There is one scene where he comes to New York to try and reclaim her and bursts into a big party held in honor of the actress and demands she come back with him. She refuses and he hits the host of the party. I thought william Bendix played the role of the jilted husband but I can't find anything in his IMDB filmography that correlates. Thanks for any help.

Your story description sounds very similar to a Warners melodrama, The Hard Way. Joan Leslie plays a small town musical star pushed to stardom by her grasping sister, Ida Lupino, the latter willing to trample over others on the way. Leslie marries a small time vaudevillain, played by Jack Carson, whom Lupino deems is only getting in her sister's way of making it big time so they largely abandon him to the sticks. Dennis Morgan also appears in the film as a partner of Carson.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings