Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

constructive criticism

28Silent

Since watching t.c.m.,beginning in 1998, I have come to the conclusion that the purpose of this channel is any thing but to explore film history openly and absolutely and honestly and openly , both good and bad history,in which ratings and profit are a means to an end.On the other hand Murdoch ,m.c.a and Disney are far more hoarding of their past.If t.cm did not have somethings good about it I would not be watching it ,It took two years to beg charter to finally put it on They just put a limit on film history exploration.That's bad.The good thing if Time Warner owned song of the south they would have already had it on d.v.d.If Disney owned G.w.t.w we would never see it.Turner explores our owned bad history and that's good ,with good history.But the problem is that they aren't open about Germany's and Austria's film history in the thirties and forties Nor the Russian film history in the thirties, forties and fifties ,except the already except international hits Worst they hardly explore the early German talkies of the Wiemar,Such as those who screen play by Billy wilder Nor do they explore the hiemat or Rubble or the revue film .They began to do this in the early 2000,but the last one they showed Titanic 1943,since then they have not introduce any more,except what they repeated.The same with the Italian films of the thirties and forties,except for the ones made late in the forties or released late Zilch!but worst Time Warner is hoarding many M.g.m and Warner brother classic that don't have copyright problems ,Such as Under a Texas moon,Trial of Mary Dugan both the 29 and 40 version,Annie Laurie ,1927 and other titles I'm not awareof yet.It seems if they have cut down tier expenses that they use in their Film festivals and cruises,they would have the money to pay the copy rights to many of these films that do require copy right fees.The classic films fans they serve are the mainstream.They are pro big corporate motion picture biz and Support the industry greed and selfishness.They leave it up to studio to decide for them what is best recommended by the corporate film journalist.My Target we opposes the greed and selfishness of the biz against us film consumers and advocate government regulation against that .We are fans of what the studios are siting on as well as well as national and international good and bad film history We also oppose changing history of a film ,such as adding a third color to a two strip technicolor feature to create an artificial blue The problem is that Time Warner don't serve bot of us equally.They would have to spend two more dollars extra .They could afford it The real hypocrisy is that in the German Markets of d.v.d home video time Warner distributes some of the entertainment sides of 33 and 45 ,with stars like Marika Rokk Heinz Ruhamnn,Johannes Heesters and Yet here they won't touch them,But will broad cast Birth of a nation.this is a double standard

*This rage to understand, to fill in the blanks, only makes life more banal. If we could only find the courage to leave our destiny to chance, to accept the fundamental mystery of our lives, then we might be closer to the sort of happiness that comes with innocence.*

Luis Bu?uel Portol?s

> mrroberts wrote:

> Constructive criticism; man that is a tough read, can someone translate please?

I believe it can not be "translated" in proper terms because it is the output of a random phrase generator. Such bots have become very sophisticated in locating sentences on the web relating to a specific topic and in chopping the sentences into grammatical clauses to be used as feedstock.

It is sad to say that the algorithms for combining randomly chosen clauses into meaningful sentences are not perfected as yet.

I recognize the style of writing. This is the poster that used to go by the name of mikemcgee and got banned because he just wouldn't stop posting about this very subject, Germany (and now he's added Austria) films made between the wars. He won't be back until he gets another bee in his bonnet about the same thing.

He sayin TCM are not giving an honest history and are not interested in film history at all in addition he saying that tcm is covering up film history it doesnt want known and substituting bogus history as filler in order to give the impression of having a film history channel without actually doing so.And we knew that time warner is a monster corporation with a committee that must examine every frame of every film and every speck of dirt on every frame that passes thru the channel but if any of the frames has anything deemed controversial that frame will be not removed but it will be digitally disguised so time warner can never be accused of censorship or so they say. the mere appearance of a film history program does not make it a real film history program. they must actually show the stuff that a normal everyday tcm channel doesnt show in its normal programming day or else tcm can be accused of giving film history the other eleven months its not giving film history.gimme a quarter an i'll give you a copy of this speech except that my printer is broken and you'll have to wait until I get a new printer which might never happen unless I can get one for free in which case I'll give you the copy free and give you back your quarter.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings