Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
markbeckuaf

Kitty O'Day! Groovalicious!

First up, sorry for the lack of my weekly grooves post for the week! There were some goodies this week too, but I was so sick earlier in the week, I was completely out of it! Last thing I thought of doing was getting online, just now getting out of the fog!

Anyway, I did want to make sure to note that the 2 film "Kitty O'Day" series from Poverty Row kings, Monogram Studios, will be starting off this Saturday, Sept 21 at 10:45am!!! It's a coolio comedy/mystery starring Jean Parker in the title role, and William "One Shot" Beaudine directing, KITTY O'DAY DETECTIVE (1944)!!! It's not going to move you into another universe, but it will groove your socks off if you're in the mood for some low-budget popcorn munchin' entertainment!!!

TCM rocks for showing this series!!! Dig it!

Sorry to hear you've been sick, Mark. I noticed there were no reports from you lately! I'd never heard of Kitty, but was thinking of recording it. So the 2nd one is next week?

Thank you, Hibi!!!

It's a fun mystery/comedy series! Low budget, so expect that, but it's a ton o' fun!

And yes, the second one will air at the same time on Saturday, Sept 28!!! Be there or be square!!

Let me put in my two-cents worth. Both of the Kitty O'Day movies are delightful. I've always been fond of mystery/comedies, and both of these will surely please. For those of you unfamiliar with them, please give them a try. It will not be time wasted.

Welcome back Mark and thanks for the heads up. Some of these low budget jobs have a lot of bang for the buck. You say you are now "out of the fog"? That would make a great movie title don't you think? :)

I am disappointed in the print quality of this one today. I watched DETECTIVE KITTY O'DAY on Netflix earlier this year and it was a pristine print. The one TCM is airing today looks like an old TV syndication copy.

Just noticed this thread after posting my Beaudine bit.

Yes, Kitty was groovy and wowser to the hats and clothing she was enhancing!

Tim Ryan is always fun but why did Hollywood have such affection for dumb cops?

Hey, Mark,

Where have you been? Hope you havent been sick again. I miss your Groovy Coming Attractions!

Am looking forward to Wasp Woman tonight (tomw morning) staring the beautiful (ill fated) Susan Cabot. I'll have to record it. Hope you are doing ok.

Hibi