Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WHEN will TCM label their films appropriately ?????

TVer

WHY doesn't TCM indicate in their description whether a film is either SILENT or SUB-TITLED??

For a company (TCM) whose business is programming, showing and describing each of its films, TCM is deliberately remiss in indicating those films that are "SILENT" or "SUB-TITLED"

WHY????

This is an important feature of a film that viewers NEED TO KNOW !!!!

TCM.... please indicate on all future film descriptions if they are "SILENT" or "SUB-TITLED".

Thank you very much !!

My Directv guide always tells me if a movie is silent but if its made before 1929, one can make a reasonable assumption that it is silent. Sound movies between 1927 and 1929 are rare.

Foreign movies on TCM are subtitled or English dubbed i.e. the Godzilla films. The original release of "Letters From Iwo Jima" were subtitled but an English dubbed version came out a year later.

Concerning foreign silents, I wish they do substitute foreign titles for the English translation. Seeing both at the same time is a distraction.

But really, if a film is made in 1924, do you *need* to be informed?

On the daily or weekly schedule online here, TCM does indicate with their GENRE heading the type of movie it is. All silents fall under the Silent genre on the schedule.

As far as foreign films, there is no foreign genre but you can browse the cast and the director and make an educated guess from there.

Merci

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings