Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM thanks a lot!

johnbabe

September 18the came and went and no Garbo birthday tribute, i am so sad over that and now i see that for the coming months NO GG films will be on TCM please stop showing stuff from the later years past the 60's and start going back to the basic films that we all love!

I've seen "Camille" (1936) a few years ago on TCM and I always get a laugh whenever Garbo or "Camille" is mentioned. Columbia use its title design in "Annie" (1982) and is featured as part of the plot.

What's so funny is that they are watching a movie made in *1936* at Radio City Music Hall in *1933!*

2hzspk1.jpg

Edited by: hamradio on Sep 22, 2013 6:52 PM

(looking at my wristwatch, I say)

Yep, I thought it was just about time for yet another one o' these, "I can't stand TCM showin' movies made after the '60s" sorta threads.

(...and so as Jackie Gleason always said just as his old show got into gear: "And away we GOOOOOO!)

LOL

• 11 months later...

September 18the came and went and no Garbo birthday tribute, i am so sad over that and now i see that for the coming months NO GG films will be on TCM please stop showing stuff from the later years past the 60's and start going back to the basic films that we all love!

Hey, johnbabe, you out there??  Tomorrow this one's for YOU.... ;)

10:30 AM Love (1927)  

In this updated, silent adaptation of Anna Karenina, a married woman sacrifices everything for the love of a military officer.

DirEdmund Goulding CastGreta Garbo , John Gilbert , George Fawcett .

BW-83 mins,

12:00 PM Single Standard, The (1929)  

In this silent film, a free-spirited debutante tries to prove that women can love as carelessly as men.

DirJohn S. Robertson CastGreta Garbo , Nils Asther , John Mack Brown .

BW-71 mins,

1:15 PM Wild Orchids (1929)  

A married woman falls for another man during a trip to Indonesia.

DirSidney Franklin CastGreta Garbo , Lewis Stone , Nils Asther .

BW-100 mins,

3:00 PM Greta Garbo Part 1: The Temptress (1986)  

In the first part of this rarely-seen Swedish documentary tracks Garbo's rise to ultra-stardom, from her early film career in Sweden to her introduction to the studio system .

BW-60 mins, CC,

4:04 PM Divine Woman (Lost Garbo Footage), The (1928)  

In the surviving footage of this lost film, a Parisian soldier has a last meal with his lover before he ships for Algiers.

BW-9 mins,

4:15 PM Greta Garbo Part 2: The Clown (1986)  

In the second part of this series, Garbo's career in talking pictures and her life off the screen is discussed. Featuring interviews and film clips of some of her best work.

BW-59 mins, CC,

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings