Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Actor Contact Info.......

Usually if you google search an actors name and " fan club" you'll come up with a site, then they have that info if it is available. To find out if an actor is still around to get mail before searching go to www.deadoraliveinfo.com. That's the best way!:)

Sorry to change my mind again, but you can forget everyone I mentioned. I would like the address of Doris Day and any other well known actor/actress that is still alive. Thanks so much.

I changed again. Sorry. Doris Day and Olivia de Havilland. That is my final answer. Thanks for cooperating with me. I'm just having a hard time finding who is still alive.

Kelsea - I'll be more than happy to look up Doris Day for you, but the best way to write to her is through her foundation called, The Doris Day Animal League. The website is www.ddal.org. If you write to her care of the league's address, your letter will be forwarded to her. And I've read that if you send a donation along with an autograph request, that she'll gladly sign one.

As for Olivia deHavilland, she doesn't correspond with fans at all, or sign autographs. All of the people I've read about that have written to her get a response stating that she's working on her autobiography, and therefore does not have time to read or respond to fan mail.

Out of all the people you asked about, Debbie Reynolds is probably the best one to write to. She's very good about signing autographs. I've heard that Lauren Bacall does too, although I know she's on tour right now promoting her new book.

I'll look up their addresses and post them here for you.

And if you think of anyone else, let me know.

Thanks so much moviejoe79! I don't know much about who is best to write autographs to. If you want someone's autograph, do you send them a picture or will they send you something signed? Thank you so much!

About ten years ago I sent a package of photos to France for DeHavilland to sign. She never opened the package. However, she sent me a personal letter (returning the package) stating she was writing her book and could not sign. However, she did personally sign the letter. I know her signature. Two years later I sent the package back but this time her secretary wrote and signed the letter again stating that DeHavilland was writing the book, returning the package for a second time. More than ten years does seems excessive to write a book. I hope she finishes it soon, she is not getting any younger.

Kelsea25, I find that most times it is preferable to send a pix with a returned stamped self-addressed envelope. I found that very few stars send pixs. I sent a pix to Shirley Jones and asked her for a recent photo and got my pix back and that's all. However, such stars as Reynolds, Marge Champion and the late Janet Leigh sent pixs. Also, surprisingly Ellen Drew. I think that latter is still alive. You also need to be careful about sending original photos. Many were never returned or were kept. Reynolds does collect and I found out the hard way since she kept the rare, beautiful original photo I sent her. I sent 2 beautiful original color photos to Eva Maria Saint of scenes from two of her films, and they never came back. Saint claimed she never received them!!! I was very disappointed, but she did send me a recent photo of herself. All the European actresses I wrote to signed everything I sent to them.

Thanks edgdrv, you hit the nail right on the head with Kelsea's picture question, and I know you have a lot of experience with getting autographs! Olivia deHavilland is just obnoxious about it. Why wouldn't she just sign the photos, rather than compose a letter explaining why she CAN'T sign them. It would be quicker for her to just sign the photos! And I'm surprised that Eva Marie Saint would keep your photos. She seems like such a nice, down-to-earth lady, I can't picture her doing that, but, you never know. And you're right about Debbie Reynolds, she'll keep anything she wants for her collection. When I wrote to her I was still young, and I hadn't caught onto the fact that you should send a photo and a return envelope. But, I received a great inscribed signed photo anyhow. Another great autograph I got through the mail was from Ann Rutherford. She wrote the nicest inscription, something to the effect of "with my thanks for remembering" - it was really nice, and she has a great signature.

Anyhow, here's the addresses :

For Doris Day, aside from her animal league address, there's her P.O. Box :

Doris Day

P.O. Box 223163

Carmel, CA 93922

Debbie Reynolds

6514 Lankershim Blvd.

North Hollywood, CA 91606.

This is her dance studio address, where she gets all of her fan mail.

Lauren Bacall

1 West 72nd Street #43

New York, NY 10023

And Kelsea please let us know if you get a response from these ladies. Good luck.

Thanks so much for the addresses. I'm going to write to them ASAP. And thanks edgdrv for the picture info. It helped a lot. moviejoe79, could you please give me the address of Ann Rutherford. Thanks so much!!!!!!!

With respect to Olivia deHavilland, I have to wonder if SHE is aware that it will be her fans who will want to purchase her bloomin' book, when and if she ever finishes it, and that how she has been treating them for years might not be in her best interest? ;)ML

Mary Lou, you're probably right about Olivia deHavilland. I'm sure a lot of her fans are just mad at the fact that she won't sign autographs, and will care less about paying $30 or so dollars for her LONG awaited book. It would be great if she went on an extensive book tour to make up for it. At least her fans would get the chance to meet her AND get her autograph in the book if she did that. And of course it makes for good publicity and more book sales.

And Kelsea, here's Ann Rutherford's address :

Ann Rutherford

826 Greenway Drive

Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Re: Olivia de Havilland

Having read one of Olivia de Havilland's books back in I think the '60's, fairly certain it was called "Every Frenchman Has One", allow me to critique: unbelievably silly and not worth whatever I paid for it.

I came very close to getting Olivia de Havilland's autograph in 1964 when she was on the road with Bette Davis promoting the movie "Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte".

The two stars was appearing in person at the Loew's Metropolitan in Brooklyn and I had the privilege to see them on stage. It was a question and answer show.

As they exited the theater (ahead of me) they got on the tour bus and while Bette sat up front 'hiding', Olivia sat dead center of the bus looking through the window at her fans. I went to the window and asked for her autograph, and she attempted to open it, but couldn't. She had a sorry look on her face and mouthed somes words to the effect where I could write her for an autograph.

Unfortunately I couldn't understand her. She was a beautiful woman and appeared to be genuine.

I did however end up with a rose which was thrown from the stage by Bette Davis. I still have it today crushed in an art-deco frame.

I also made sure I saw them again while they were at the Capitol Theater in New York. I got some snapshots, although faraway, but you can see that it was them.

Those were the days.

Mongo

Yes...I guess I was pretty lucky to get one of those roses from her bouquet that Bette Davis tossed from the stage on that day.

After 31 years crushed in that frame, although dried out, the rose still looks good. I do have one of the snapshots I took of the two stars also in the frame.

Needless to say, it was a fun day for this movie buff.

Mongo

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks, I'm new here but love it so far! My question is-to what address would I write to Olivia DeHavilland? I don't want an autograph or photo or any reply, just want to say thanks for all her fine acting...and for kissing Errol Flynn for me (sigh!)...And how about Deborah Kerr? I appreciate any info.

THE MOST AMAZING THING JUST HAPPENED. YA SEE, I WROTE TO BETTY HUTTON A FEW WEEKS AGO. TODAY, I GOT A CARD WITH HER PICTURE ON IT AND SHE SIGNED IT. SHE ALSO GAVE ME A CD OF HERS. WOW! I'M AM AMAZED.