Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dream scene dance... Name of movie?

Cherigarr

I watched a musical in color with a dream sequence in it that had large grey staircase and a big chandalier and the girl was dressed in a ball gown. She waltzed with one guy and then there was a fight between two men which led to one being killed and blood was represented by the girl pulling a red scarf from him. Then the other guy eventually dances off with another woman. Anyone know the name of this movie??? I would greatly appreciate any info!!

This number from THREE FOR THE SHOW is in color, has a grey staircase and chandeliers, ballgowns and waltzes, and a duel between two women, so I'm not quite sure if it is the one you are thinking of.

The red scarf you mention representing blood sure sounds familiar with me, so it may be another dance number than this one; I'll try and keep looking if this one isn't it.

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds like it might be the Laurie's dream sequence ballet from Oklahoma - starring Shirley Jones, Gordon MacCrae, and Rod Steiger...the dancers in the dream ballet are not the stars of the movie except for Rod Steiger. Her "dream-self," is Bambi Lynn. She dances with the "dream-Curly," performed by James Mitchell (according to another clip on YouTube.) There is a lot of red in the stylized scenery and backdrop of the "cathouse" and there is a symbolic staircase there as well, seen thru the middle of the clip below. In the latter half of the clip, the character of Curly is wearing a red vest in the fight scene with Judd.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings