Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

L-o-n-g-e-s-t production time ever.

hamradio

When he died of an overdose River Phoenix was working on a Film called Dark Blood. It was left unfinished and the footage was stored in a vault somewhere in Europe. Roughly 19 years go by. The people who own the vault are about to dispose of the footage. The director of the film, (I can't remember his name) is sick and decides he want to save his work. The man somehow gets a hold of it and manages to make a complete film, (using voiceover narration, I can't explain it better than that.) From what I last heard it played some film festivals.

Edited by: sfpcc2 on Oct 1, 2013 12:40 PM

wow this is interesting...

the actors grow old and probably die in 23 or 30 years...heh and the child actors become something else (most of the time they leave acting when they hit teen age yrs) heh :)

I like to see more info about this really...thanks for the thread.

Edited by: matey on Sep 30, 2013 5:05 PM

One of the most laughable amount of time to make a movie is "The Manson Family" (2003). Took 15 years?? Not exactly a who-done-it type of mystery. To add insult to injury, its running time is only about 84 min and took in a more laughable $19,140 at the box office. *Film stock* cost more than that! The only thing slashed besides the victims were the cinema profits. Oh the humanity.

*Rated R for ridiculous.*

Mansonfamilyposter.jpg

The production time for "The Thief of Baghdad" was pretty long, because the war intervened and shortages of materials and difficulties in traveling to locations made it a nightmare to produce. I remember reading that the sea scenes where Conrad Veidt whips up the wind and causes Abu and Ahmed to sail into a hurricane were shot in a field in Sussex. Hardly any of it was filmed at sea.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings