Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What was THIS movie...

Sepiatone

Came out in the early '60's. Starts out with a married woman talking with her lover at the back door of her house. Her angry, still half asleep husband bursts into the room with a gun. Lover and hubby wrestle around a bit, then the gun goes off. Hubby is dead. Wife is also arrested as an accomplice after the fact. Wife's Mom seeks the services of a down and out lawyer played by Anthony Franciosa, the only cast member I can remember. I THINK "lover" was played by Gig Young, but not sure.

Any ideas?

Sepiatone

>Sepiatone:

>BUY a device? And just WHERE would I plug it in? With the cable box, TV, DVD player, VCR, stereo and CD player all in the same center, all the outlets are used up. And yes, I AM using a power strip!

twinkeee is talking about a cable from your computer to your TV set. You don't have to know what you need. All you have to do is go to your local big box electronics store (I have Fry's locally) and say you want to use your TV as a monitor for your computer. They will ask you what computer and what TV you have and will tell you the right cable and adaptors to get.

I was thinking I'd seen it on MGMHD, not FMC, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I know it's played a few times in the past year. I thought it was well worth watching. After all, it has Rita when she still had all her marbles. Also, it was directed by playwright Clifford Odetts, who also directed - a bit of an oddity, to me at least.

They are coming out with new gadgets all the time. Prices should drop like everything else.

I think Wireless USB might solve your room to room problem but its a bit expensive and thick walls might present an issue. :(

VGA hookup should not be longer than 15 feet. I have to use 2, 6 foot cables because I use a Belkin Omni 4 port adapter box. This allows me to connect 4 computers using a single keyboard/mouse/monitor. (separate issue)

My VGA to video converter is connected between it and the monitor. I only need to connect its output and the soundcard aux out to the audio/video jacks on my AV selector switch. Great for recording Youtube full screen (lousy resolution though).

Some more gadgets

http://www.soundandvision.com/taxonomy/term-a/445?page=16

iogear_wireless_usb_video_audio_kit_revi

small_wireless_usb_vga_demo.jpg

How about a short-cable VGA to RF Generator hookup between a computer an an RF Generator box, then an RF cable to your TV in another room? I think RF cables can be quite long with no quality loss.

I bought a Sony DVD player that had no RF Generator inside it, so I had to buy one and attatch it with 3 RCA cables, then I ran the RF Out to both my TVs, with a switch from one to another. The one in my bedroom is about 20 or more feet away, and I get a good signal via RF cable.

Hi Kid,

A few years ago, one day, my neighbor came running over to my house begging me to talk to some lady on the telephone. The guy was shaken up and he said he couldn't understand what was going on with his conversation with her.

Well, turned out she was in India, and there was at least a 2-second delay in telephone signal transmission time, each way, because of so many satellite up and down links between here and India and back.

The satellites are about 23,000 miles up in space. I think that works out to a 1/8 second delay in light travel time (radio signal travel time), both up to and back from each satellite. So, 8 up and downs = 1 full second.

So, when I asked the lady a question, it took at least 1-1/2 to 2 seconds for my question to reach her. Then she had some think time, then it took 1-1/2 to 2 seconds for her answer to come back to me.

So, it was like talking to another planet, and this was what confused my neighbor so much, because he was not aware of light/radio travel time.

Sometime we got out of sync, and I would ask a question, but what I heard right back was her answer to my last question. About 3 or 4 seconds later I would receive an answer to my current question. So, the conversation was very confusing. :)

LOL! That's a good one.

I'm familiar with that situation. When I did my first e-filed tax return, their website didn't give me a confirmation number at the end. I had to call them. Guess where? Yup.. India. The guy had to get his supervisor in another country on a three-way and what a mess that was with a delayed signal.

Oh.. yeah, I forgot.. I haven't seen this movie either. I like Gig Young, but not too keen on Tony Franciosa :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings