Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Notorious

matey

I think the only thing notorious about this movie is the script or the storyline and I got to say I am disappointed at the waste of such good talents (actors, director etc.)

I have seen a few movies that came out during the WWI and II in which the underlying theme was the we the people must obey the system/establishment even though it means we have to turn in our fathers or mothers or brothers or daughters for disagreeing with the government!?

I mean you dont even see this (sort of expectations) in the most (so-called) uncivilized tribe in Africa because it is such an unnatural thing. Besides, whatever happened to our liberties and freedom of thoughts etc? I guess for the holeywood and the establishment who have flushed our constitution down their toilet it means nothing! huh! And unfortunately some people think that these movies are revelations and/or "documentaries" ;-)

Are you sure you watched the movie? Bergman tells Grant that she isn't no saint because she didn't turn in her father, who was a traitor. Grant tell her that they (as in US government), didn't expect her to.

They ask her to be a spy because she has inside connection. She was forced to. It was her "freedom of thoughts" that decided to help the government.

Now it is unrealistic that she accepts the job of spy. No person in her position (e.g. no prior experience as a spy), would take such a job. But this being the movies she takes the job. But again, the government didn't force her too.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings