Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need assistance

FlyBackTransformer

>Guess I should have asked this weeks ago. Maybe it's the browser I'm using but I can't find the button to respond to posts with a quote. Anybody?

When they recently revamped this web site, they inexplicably removed the quotation button, which I would guess was probably one of the most-used features.

There's a work-around: copy the text you want to quote, then in your new message, paste it in preceded by a forward arrow (">"). You'll get a quotation just like using the old quotation button.

(Credit for this manual fix goes to the person over in the technical discussion section who suggested it.)

>When they recently revamped this web site, they inexplicably removed the quotation button, which I would guess was probably one of the most-used features.

There's a work-around: copy the text you want to quote, then in your new message, paste it in preceded by a forward arrow (">"). You'll get a quotation just like using the old quotation button.

(Credit for this manual fix goes to the person over in the technical discussion section who suggested it.)

Why else would they remove this feature, unless it was used too much?

Why indeed.

musikone

well the square brackets did not work such as

and someone else's comments

so:

I dont think they have that option.

anyway I was a little confuse at 1st about the warning msg about leaving the page but the more i think the more it make sense really.

> Oh I didnt see MusikOne's reply...OK I see how to make quotations now. Thanks! :-)

Edited by: matey on Sep 30, 2013 4:52 PM

I was just trying to do some internet old photo research from the 1940s, and I just got this:

loc-logo.jpg

*Due to the temporary shutdown of the federal government,*

*the Library of Congress is closed to the public and researchers beginning October 1, 2013 until further notice.*

*All public events are cancelled and web sites are inaccessible*

*except the legislative information sites THOMAS.gov and beta.congress.gov.*

> Due to the temporary shutdown of the federal government, the Library of Congress is closed to the public and researchers beginning October 1, 2013 until further notice.All public events are cancelled and web sites are inaccessible except the legislative information sites THOMAS.gov and beta.congress.gov. *No great loss. All I ever got off the loc website was useless reference data anyways. :)*

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings