Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name That Actress...

Pepertony

...Please!

My information may not be totally accurate as I've only seen two of her movies and that was several years ago now.

She was a fairly famous actress of her time but seems mostly forgotten now. She came into film when she was already older (50's I'd say) and heavy set. She was an amazing dramatic actress but the movies I saw her in seemed comedic based and she had a lovely singing voice. I think her films were all in the 20's and 30's.

I saw her during a tribute weekend to her while I was visiting at my parents. The only movie I can remotely recall was one where she ran an Inn or Pub in a port town and she was raising a young woman who was not her daughter. I remember how her acting touched me and I'd love to find more of her movies.

You are welcome.

A good way to find out an actor's upcoming movies on TCM is to go to their TCM Database page. Under their name are listed the titles of the scheduled movies (though not always all of them). For example:

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/person/53145%7C106192/Marie-Dressler/

where we see One Romantic Night will be shown in October. But keep checking her page once a month or so.

The reason I posted her IMDB profile is the filmography is better than in the TCM Database.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings