Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A 24-hour movie channel just added on my cable line-up a few months ago. Showing great stuff they are. Alotta fare shown on TCM like the molly maguires and Bridge on the River Kwai. The other nite good neighbor sam and last nite Bob Wise's TDTESS. Their picture quality looks better than TCM's...and no artsy silent turn of the last century french stuff either. :) :) :)

Saturday nite on movies! Ship of Fools, a very funny movie in places but ya gotta put up with the baloney with George Segal and Jessica Walter as disenchanted newlyweds. Some of my favorites parts are Lee Marvin calling Michael Dunn a sawed-off intellectual and that latin flamenco babe giving cheapskate Marvin a bum steer to Vivien Leigh's cabin who promptly whacks big Lee Marvin silly. It's funny as hell watching Vivien batter Marvin with that shoe. :)

It seems MOVIES, fills the same need as THIS, Antenna TV, or COZI.

it something an over the air network can put on the new bands opened up by digital TV. I haven't watch a film on MOVIES yet, but they seem to show older films than THIS, (which I have watched a lot of.)

Well, I'm not going to mention the name of my cable provider but the network (or station) is called MOVIES! To Hibi's question their fare seems to be 4:3 full screen *with commercials...*

Well, so much for that channel. Here's someone who can't be bothered to read subtitles, but he doesn't mind commercials in the middle of the movie. Takes all types, I guess.

I recently discovered that "The Burns and Allen Show" is on Antenna. It's crazy hilarious, I laugh and laugh. I think Luis Bunuel would have enjoyed it! No contemporary show makes me laugh like that. I also like watching "The Jack Benny Program."

I've been watching Burns and Allen and Jack Benny for over a year on Antenna Tv. Last night You Bet Your Life was on the JLTV station, Jack, Dinah Shore and the Goldbergs are also shown on that station. Sunday Night Noir night is great on ME-TV. A lot of fun to watch these shows when I want to take a break from TCM, or have seen the film being shown.

I now have access to MOVIES, THIS, Antenna TV, and COZI.

All of these stations have older movies or TV shows and I'm more interested in them than what other stations have other than sports and reality food contest type programming (Chopped, Top Chef).

(and TCM of course!).

Yes, PBS; They are showing the nature program about birds where tiny cameras are attached to them while they migrate thousand of miles. So far I have seen the one for North America and Europe.

This is the best filming of birds I have ever seen.

I think the American Masters series is great and the music specials. Really enjoyed the Burt Bachrach one a few months ago. The Pioneers of TV series was teriffic. I still watch Charlie Rose, love him. If I'm up and in a mood for some laughs, depending on who's on his panel I watch Bill Maher on HBO. With all this I still watch TCM more than any other channel.

Good thing with all this sitting, I still take 3 or 4 20 minute walks a day LOL Just came back from one

I looked at your link, Fred, and it claims this channel is on WJBK-TV. Listing the channel number at 2.2 Don't understand that. WJBK is a local FOX affiliate. The 2.2 must have something to do with those who use an over-the-air digital antenna rather than a cable hook up. WJBK TV is just channel 2 on the cable services in my area.

Sepiatone

Yes, the 2.2 is over the air, antenna.

TVs have a channel search feature. My satellite (cable) service is received on Channel 3. Then I change sat channels with my sat tuner remote control.

The sat tuner has an antenna input, and I set my antenna channels with my TV tuner. For example, my local NBC channel is 12.1, and my NBC-THIS TV channel is 12.2.

My antenna goes into the back of my sat tuner, and I can switch from sat to antenna with one button on my sat tuner and one button on my TV tuner.

However, many people have all their local channels coming in via their cable or sat system, for which they probably pay $1 or more extra per local channel. In those cases, the broadcast channels will be assigned different cable/sat numbers. This cable system for receiving local channels is good if the viewer lives outside of town or if the different TV stations have their transmission towers in different directions. That keeps people from having to aim their outdoor antenna in a different direction for each local channel.

But all my local channels, 8 of them, all have towers on the same mountain/hill, so I never have to turn my antenna when I change local channels.

Dobbsy, are there any channels showing old Senor Wences routines?

Now that would be a winner.

I think I'll go visit Youtube right now to view one of his most surrealistic routines.

The guy was a genius. All he needed as props was his hand, a scarf and trunk and some lipstick...