Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foyle's War on PBS

roverrocks

I have enjoyed watching "Foyle's War" on Masterpiece Mystery for it's decade long seasonal run each year. Very British and often very dry and cynical but a well made/fascinating look into wartime and postwar British politics and crime. There have been few Masterpiece productions I have not enjoyed over the years. What are other viewers thoughts?

I, too, have enjoyed Foyle's War very much, and am a long time fan of the PBS Mystery series. Leo McKern as Rumpole of the Bailey, and Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes are just a couple more of my many favorites. I don't think we ever got to see the third season of the modernized Sherlock Holmes series, which I also liked. I can only think of one of the Mystery series', over the years, that I didn't like. They are all well written, well acted, and well staged.

I've never watched it, but I've heard very good things about it. Btw, did you know that Michael Kitchen, who plays Foyle, played Berkeley Cole (Robert Redford's friend) in Out of Africa ? One of the great, unsung performances. I've seen him on stage a couple times.

My major complaint of: Foyle's War is that a full season is three episodes only. It is over before it has begun!

I liked them very much and I hope that they do a new season very soon.

I am looking forward to the new season of: Sherlock Holmes which begins soon.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings