Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MAD's Maddest Writer hosts a nite of movie satires with Robert Osborne.

TheGizWiz

Yes, it's a dream come true! We're doing a night of movie satires, Wednesday, October 9th, 2013. As MAD's Maddest Writer, I've written an awful lot of movie satires, almost 150 of them. So on Wednesday night I get to chat with Robert Osborne about some of my favorites. We're doing four movies in a row, so the evening will start at 8 PM and end early the next morning. (It starts at 5 PM, West Coast Time) Here's the schedule: 8:00 PM EDT/ 5:00 PM PDT Love And Death (1975) // 9:30 PM EDT / 6:30 PDT Murder by Death (1976) // 11:15 PM EDT / 8:15 PDT /Support Your Local Sheriff! (1969) // 1:00 AM EDT / 10 PM PDT This Is Spinal Tap (1984). There's a picture of Robert and myself in TCM living room here: http://gizwizbiz.squarespace.com/****-blog-log/. Hope you can tune in. (No 3D glasses necessary.) Dick DeBartolo.

> Yes, it's a dream come true! We're doing a night of movie satires, Wednesday, October 9th, 2013. As MAD's Maddest Writer, I've written an awful lot of movie satires, almost 150 of them. So on Wednesday night I get to chat with Robert Osborne about some of my favorites. We're doing four movies in a row, so the evening will start at 8 PM and end early the next morning. (It starts at 5 PM, West Coast Time) Here's the schedule: 8:00 PM EDT/ 5:00 PM PDT Love And Death (1975) // 9:30 PM EDT / 6:30 PDT Murder by Death (1976) // 11:15 PM EDT / 8:15 PDT /Support Your Local Sheriff! (1969) // 1:00 AM EDT / 10 PM PDT This Is Spinal Tap (1984). There's a picture of Robert and myself in TCM living room here: http://gizwizbiz.squarespace.com/****-blog-log/. Hope you can tune in. (No 3D glasses necessary.) Dick DeBartolo.

Mr. DeBartolo, I just wanna say hi. I loved MAD when I was younger and your name was always associated with MAD's funniest parodies. I wish I could find a good DL of all those vintage MAD paperbacks that made me howl with laughter.. :)

Why, what a coincidence...I was bored the other night and rooted through my garage to find my set of reprints of the old EC Comics line of William Gaines and now I find to my delight a Mad connection to look forward to on TCM.

How utterly maddening...

Thanks, Mister D!

I'm so excited, I'm thinking of going door-to-door to tell folks tonight's the night I co-host an evening of movie satires with the incredible Robert Osborne, But I figured this is the place where the real TCM fans are! I wanted to post a picture of Robert, Sean Cameron, who produced the evening, and myself - but I don't see an icon to upload a photo. Yet, I do see photos on other pages. Any suggestions? Yes, Me Worry, or is that excitement? Thanks! Dick De, MAD's Maddest Writer.

Thanks for info on how to upload a photo. I think I've got it. Uploading (hopefully) a photo of Sean Cameron, (producer of tonight's movie satires segment), Dick D (me) and the always wonderful Robert Osborne.

94346dd0-bdff-4603-8c9c-9d4516203e45.jpg

If there's no photo here. Sorry about that.

To TheGizWiz (and we won't even get into the implications of that user name):

You did a fine job, I'd love to see you get a regular gig hosting movie spoofs.

By the way, that line about Walter Brennan's false teeth in SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF was probably inspired by a running gag about Brennan's character in RED RIVER. He lost his teeth to a fellow player in a card game and has to borrow them every time he wants to eat.

Mr DeBartolo, I applaud your choice of movies the other night. I like *Murder By Death* a lot, it has some great moments and its great seeing that cast together (Alec Guinness was particularly fun) and I always find Elsa Lanchester so delightfully quirky. Peter Falk was also a standout and just a year or so later he starred in Neil Simon's *The Cheap Detective* which was an even better film and a dead on satire of classic Bogart. So if you get another cohosting gig with RO...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings