Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good Music

My early space cadet-ism started with Supercar then Fireball XL5 moving on to Gigantor followed by 8th Man. My brother liked Speed Racer more than I did but I grew to like it more as time passed. On youtube punch in *zowiemobile* and all the speed racer underscores posted by him will show up. Snipmp3 dot com if you just want the audio. :)

As a young kid I didn't know Speed Racer and Kimba were made in Japan. At that age I might have not been sure where Japan was, (were talking roughly 4 to 6 years of age, around 1973.)

Their are a lot of people who think The Lion King Ripped off Kimba The White Lion. Growing up my Stepmother's sister had a cat named Kimba.

However he spent most of his life being called Kimmy even though he was a male.

Well to me good music is good music irregardless of the source. To me the music of Underdog is good never mind the cartoon or the animation or artwork. The underscore music of Speed Racer is good, some of the best cartoon music you're ever gonna hear. I would put that music up against anything being composed in hollywood today...*easily.*

Good one, Darg. LOVE it!

Fly, I do suppose it's all subjective. I listen to "Speedracer" background music, and all I hear is someone who wrote a score based on the background music of the old "Batman" TV series. Probably a staff "hack" piecing together old cookie cutter charts.

YOU hear Lerner and Lowe.

I would, however, refrain from slapping in a "Speedracer soundtrack" CD during a party, if I were you! ;)

Sepiatone

Fly, I do suppose it's all subjective. I listen to "Speedracer" background music, and all I hear is someone who wrote a score based on the background music of the old "Batman" TV series. Probably a staff "hack" piecing together old cookie cutter charts.

I would, however, refrain from slapping in a "Speedracer soundtrack" CD during a party, if I were you!

Well, I guess I'm partial to dynamic power-driven music like say Jerry Goldsmith's ST-TMP score...I've always been a private music listener via headphones anyway.

> Fly, I do suppose it's all subjective. I listen to "Speedracer" background music, and all I hear is someone who wrote a score based on the background music of the old "Batman" TV series. Probably a staff "hack" piecing together old cookie cutter charts.

I would, however, refrain from slapping in a "Speedracer soundtrack" CD during a party, if I were you!

Well, I guess I'm partial to dynamic power-driven music like say Jerry Goldsmith's ST-TMP score...I've always been a private music listener via headphones anyway.

> Fly, I do suppose it's all subjective. I listen to "Speedracer" background music, and all I hear is someone who wrote a score based on the background music of the old "Batman" TV series. Probably a staff "hack" piecing together old cookie cutter charts. YOU hear Lerner and Lowe.

*Well, I guess I'm partial to dynamic power-driven music like say Jerry Goldsmith's ST-TMP score...I've always been a private music listener via headphones anyway.*

Yes he has. I just put that one in there as an example of his change

from glam to soul, before the move to Berlin and techno, and then

onto the next thing, whatever that was. I've always thought Bowie

had been around too long to be a true new waver, though he might

have had elements of it in his music.

To me Bowie was already a music vet and new wave was another stop

on the merry go round, not that he didn't put out some good stuff, but

he's not as new wave as performers like Blondie, Elvis Costello, The

Police, The Cars, Talking Heads, Graham Parker, etc., who truly began

their careers in the mid or late 1970s. I like the late1960s to mid

1970s Bowie best, but to each their own.

"Flyover country" music. :)

Without even clicking on your video, I believe that the first video aired by MTV was "Video KIlled the Radio Star" by the Buggles. Am I correct? The first video I recall seeing in 1980 or soon after that blew me away was "Planet Earth" by Duran Duran, still one of my new wave favorites.

I was never impressed by the whole MTV/video scene. I'm of the mind that MTV brought about the ruination of popular music. Mediocre songs becoming hits because the VIDEO was considered cool. What nonsense.

Because of MTV, we had to endure "manufactured" pop groups like DURAN-DURAN( eep!), FLOCK OF SEAGULLS, PET SHOP BOYS, BANANARAMA and the like. The '80's were probably the most DISMAL music period since the post-payola '50's. It wasn't ALL bad, but mostly bad. Thank God for OFFSPING, THE CURE, DEPECHE MODE, RADIOHEAD and jazz-fusion, or I would have gone MAD!

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings