Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking For Help finding Duke's Film's(DVD only) Pre-1940

Rob1952

I am a huge JW fan, and am a member of at least two clubs online....

I am needing assistance finding Duke's movie's(many times just as an extra, others this early he has bit parts)

Many films of his this old are very hard to come by, or they come as a package deal. I would like to add them to my library as individual movies under one case, and am willing to pay for same.....

If you KNOW someone that has these wonderful oldies, or has dup's, or knows where to find same, I'd love to hear from you....

Thanks very much!

"That'll Be The Day"......The Searchers, 1958.

Welcome to the board, Rob. Those John Wayne films that come in "package deals" are in the public domain which means they are no longer under copyright and anybody with a copy of the film can make DVDs and sell them. Over the years, there have been dozens of companies selling them (most now out of business) usually in sets, I suppose some of them have been released as single titles.

The problem with PD titles is that they're often mastered from abysmal, 16mm prints. So going to all that effort finding singles may not bring you any better quality than you'd find with the sets.

Perhaps some of the western fans (we have a few here) can help you with specific titles. Good luck.

A lot of the titles should be available from the major movie outlets. Just search the title on the sites. For example, Riders of Destiny, a title from his Monogram period, is available from Amazon.com and Moviesunlimited.com, the latter in a remastered version---!. You can also see many of them online on YouTube, Hulu, and Internet Archive (internetarchive.org/). Internet Archive has titles available for download.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings