Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Monday nite primetime

> And also somebody who dislikes what you like is not mindless. If there were no silent films and foreign-language films, the world would not be such an interesting place. True, there would still be all the wonderful classic-era Hollywood films that I love, but there would still be a gap. And also I assume you will keep complaing about the films that surround The Story of Film until the series ends in December. Nobody likes to hear a constant complainer.

I agree mindless was an unfair putdown,,,,but most viewers simply are not interested in french silent films or 1950s east indian cinema.

>but most viewers simply are not interested in french silent films or 1950s east indian cinema

But how do know for sure? Did you poll all 84 million homes that have TCM and ask each household member?

Many TCM fans in other outlets appear to be enjoying *The Story of Film* and the films being shown as part of that programming much more than the posters here.

I am not a fan of most movies from India other than a few Bollywood features. I can not explain it. I simply do not find them engaging.

I am very happy that TCM choose to air such movies because I know there are many people who do like them very much and TCM has been and should be a haven for people who like movies other than current blockbusters. I consider it a great success if the airing of a movie brings even only one new viewer into the fold even if that particular movie is not to my taste.

I believe there is a practical side also. TCM has aired all movies available for it to air from American libraries. It appears to me that their commitment to making more American movies available is ongoing by expanding agreements with libraries and engaging in restoration but there is and at all times will be a limit to the number of American movies available. Foreign movies are a largely-untapped resource and provide widely diverse entertainment.

>FBT:

>east indian cinema

The film was from India, not the East Indies, which are the islands and the archipelagoes off the southeast corner of the asian continent. Also, you failed to censure TCM for showing a film from Egypt, and two from Japan.

SansFin writes:

I am not a fan of most movies from India other than a few Bollywood features. I can not explain it. I simply do not find them engaging.

Are you a fan of cowboy movies, even though there may well be a few Indians hanging around (or lying on the ground)?

musikone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings