Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I want very much to watch that movie again, since it is an interesting question whether 'tis what most people would call a horror movie, as there is nothing supernatural in it.

Which brings me to one of my favourites, HOUSE OF WAX. Professor Jarrod is ultimately a sympathetic tragic character, as he goes insane trying to create the truly perfect beauty.

>Professor Jarrod is ultimately a sympathetic tragic character, as he goes insane trying to create the truly perfect beauty.

At the very end when he's in the incinerator, I had the thought that he actually was conscious and pulled off his new illusion leaving everyone to believe he'd been cremated. Just an odd thought. That would have made for an excellent sequel opportunity.

P.S. I've been trying to go to sleep for the night but Vincent won't let me. Tonight's films are just too good to pass up.

finance-the CHAMPAGNE FOR CAESER I watched was a DVD. It was my first viewing and I loved it! (and I'm not a Ronald Coleman fan) I especially liked that the parrot was Price's in the end.

And we took TikiKid to see HOUSE OF WAX in 3D 35mm at the Eastman House a few years back. I had seen it when I was her age and it had the same magical effect on her as it did me.

She once came to me and said, "Did you know Vincent Price was in a Michael Jackson video?" Heh.

I've got a request out for DVD WATCHFINDER GENERAL too, thanks MrW.

I truly despise that, by and large Vincent Price's SOTM (including the idiotic "Tribute" by John Waters) has put nearly all of the emphasis, not on the many classic films he did in the 40's and 50's, but those near-the-end-of-my-career-I'll-do-anything-to-make-a-buck horror films. We, "get it," TCM. October means Halloween is coming so Vincent Price makes a good choice but did we have to have non-stop Vincent Price tacky (and a few not so tacky) horror films?? The guy did a lot better work.

Lydecker

>October means Halloween is coming so Vincent Price makes a good choice but did we have to have non-stop Vincent Price tacky (and a few not so tacky) horror films??

I don't get it. Do they not realize that they have a variety of viewer types and viewer ages watching TCM? Different types of people who like different types of films?? Do they not realize that a VARIETY of movie types, decades, actors would allow the most number of TCM customers, who pay high prices to receive TCM, to have at least one or two films a day to enjoy?? I haven't been able to watch the channel all day.

I saw a couple of these types of films in the 50s or 60s, but after House of Wax, I found all the others very boring. I don't remember the theaters being filled up with thousands of people back then.

I agree :)

I think we have been on Vincent Price 'overload', Enough already !

TCM seems to be showing a Lot more Holloween movies then they do showing Christmas movies, which is very odd considering horror movies can be shown year round as opposed to Christmas movies.

This just does Not make sense to me.

Twink

I just finished watching "The Pit and The Pendulum". I agree that it has been a Vincent Price overload but I did want to see this horror masterpiece above all his other films. I am done with Vincent. Don't need to see his face or hear his voice for a longggggggggg time.

I'm actually commenting on part of the post ......

" the most number of TCM customers, who pay high prices to receive TCM, to have at least one or two films a day to enjoy?? I haven't been able to watch the channel all day"

I have Direct TV and only watch maybe 20 of the 200 &some channels I have to pay way TOO much for to get those few channels I actually like to watch. TCM was at the top of my list. I'll admit I am a Price fan and I was looking forward to the movies today & tonight. That was until we got a little rain .... and as has been the running theme, at least around here when it rains a little, TCM drops to the bottom of my list. Since about 8 am today, there may just as well not even been the TCM channel (256) for all the breaks, sticks, skip overs, pixeled-out films they showed..... regardless of what films they would have scheduled.

You would think TCM would keep better tabs on the channel THEY are getting paid to provide us with. Maybe if we're lucky (NOT holding my breath), TCM will start monitoring and caring that their channel reception isn't being shown as well as I'm sure their contract with Direct TV says it should.

I've had that conversation with Direct TV on an almost monthly basis for the past 6 months.

TCM boasts of "24 hr.commercial free films, the way they were meant to be seen". If this keeps up, they may have to add "... but only if your skies are clear"!!!!

Aww - I liked the John Waters tribute to Vincent - he (Waters) is such a film fan of these kinds of B movies, I found his tribute sweet. True TCM seemed to go overboard with truly bad movies this month, not just VP's, but the others for the Halloween theme, but one thing I like about our favorite movie channel is their willingness to show all kinds of movies - and some people really dig really bad genre movies. Where else could you find some of these? Hey, some are fun to watch ( though once in a lifetime is probably enough for most of these)

But maybe next year not THIS many.

And on the sunject of holiday themes - how about on Valentine's Day equal time for great romantic films?

Aren't the complaints of reception beyond TCM's control and the responsibility of your cable server? I am certainly grateful hearing these issues you and others have with your cable service to live where we get beautiful HD reception 24 -7 every day of the year!

>Aren't the complaints of reception beyond TCM's control and the responsibility of your cable server?

Yes, if it was a problem with TCM we would all be having the same problem.

Maybe if it was cable, we (where we live) would have better reception. I have a satellite dish with HD that seems to not work when it rains. A sense of humor about all this is great, except when you are a big TCM fan and for sometimes as long as 24 hrs (recently) TCM is not available.....hough many other channels are just fine.

I would think that TCM would actually care about that .... as they do sell the rights to a network, then to Direct to air the channel. I and many others have gone thru the "Direct" channels with these problems. Their latest reasoning is because their signal can't get through the rain.

I originally posted this because I like Vincent Price and was looking forward to the marathon. There wasn't 1 film that was fully watchable.

TCM isn't in the "cheapest" channel line-up. Subscribers pay to watch TCM .. which should count for something.