Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for name of 1950s movie

filmbuff67

Hello,

Please help!

I am trying to find the name of a movie (B&W), which would have been sometime in the 1950s.

The film (or part of it) was about a very selfish mother and a younger girl, who had grown apart from her.

The scene that I specifically remember is this:

The daughter traveled some distance (in the U.S.), and eventually found her mother again. Mother was shown wearing a hat and sunglasses, lying on a lounge chair in the sun, next to a swimming pool. The daughter said something like, "I love you, Mother", and was crying.

The mother then looked up from the chair, and coldly exclaimed, "You mean you came all the way out here, just to tell me that?!"

Does anyone know what film this scene was in? I can picture it so clearly, and it is driving me crazy!

Thanks in advance.

Brad

Unfortunately, no, I'm not certain about the names of any of the actors.

I believe this was a 'B' picture, with fairly obscure stars.

I'm pretty sure the movie was from the later 1950s, probably 1955-1960.

Wish I knew more; but this scene is very prominent in my mind. Trying to find it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for those who tried to figure this out...I really appreciate it.

After going through much of my collection trying to find where this scene was, I finally found the film.

It is 'Sorority Girl' (1957), with Susan Cabot.

I'm not sure why this particular part stood out in my mind (in an otherwise very disturbing movie)-- but it did, somehow.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings