Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OT This is amazing if you care to watch - Jonathan Harris

Janet0312

I can't comment on the man, never knew him or much about him. But as for the character; even as a young kid I couldn't stand him, the little I watched the show I always wanted to see him get whacked. He was one of the most nauseating characters in tv history.

>Knew him that well, did you?

I've heard him in interviews when he wasn't in Dr. Smith character. Besides, I saw him at a meet and greet in Texas on some misty mountain top that resembled the peaks in Nepal.

Someone's still can't laugh at himself.

ROFL

> I can't comment on the man, never knew him or much about him. But as for the character; even as a young kid I couldn't stand him, the little I watched the show I always wanted to see him get whacked. He was one of the most nauseating characters in tv history.

Well, I liked Jonathan Harris AND Dr. Zachary Smith. He didn't ruin Lost in Space. Irwin Allen's moronic dictatorialism did.

Allen's shows started out good, but quickly disintergrated into cheesy, mindless pap with shoestring budgeted special effects. Like space aliens popping onto the Seaview in VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA. All obviously made of cheap synthetic rubber, and making the same electronic sounds. The worst was the too often used trick of tilting the camera one way then the other to simulate the sub being "rocked" in the water. They'd have the actors on the set run back and forth in an effort to make it look like they were being tossed about. I split a gut when I saw one episode where one of the crew "extras" ran in the opposite direction of the REST of the cast!

I didn't mind Dr. Smith that much either. But he bothered my Dad, who asked once, "What's with this guy? Always hanging around with that kid...is he some kind of "funny" uncle?"

Sepiatone

Edited by: Sepiatone on Oct 15, 2013 11:56 AM

> Allen's shows started out good, but quickly disintergrated into cheesy, mindless pap with shoestring budgeted special effects. Like space aliens popping onto the Seaview in VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA. All obviously made of cheap synthetic rubber, and making the same electronic sounds. The worst was the too often used trick of tilting the camera one way then the other to simulate the sub being "rocked" in the water. They'd have the actors on the set run back and forth in an effort to make it look like they were being tossed about. I split a gut when I saw one episode where one of the crew "extras" ran in the opposite direction of the REST of the cast! I didn't mind Dr. Smith that much either. But he bothered my Dad, who asked once, "What's with this guy? Always hanging around with that kid...is he some kind of "funny" uncle?"Sepiatone

Irwin Allen was apparently quite fond of Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island and Smith was suppose to be kinda Long John Silver-ish therefore the rapport with Will Robinson aka. Jim Hawkins. June Lockhart has said that Irwin use to have an empty metal pail and a spatula and whenever he wanted everybody to "fall" to one side he'd bang that pail. LOL