Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Blacula

It't too late this year, but you can use the Suggest a Movie page to request those, and all your alternative horror choices for next year. At the top of the Home Page, place the cursor on Community. From the drop-down menu, click on Suggest a Movie, and enter as many as you please. It isn't always working, so you might have to wait some hours, or days.

TCM has shown "Shaft" several times, but the movie has been treated as a watershed motion picture and not as a blaxploitation film. I believe the two "Shaft" sequels also have been aired by TCM. I seem to remember that Richard Roundtree attended the Classic Film Festival a couple of years ago.

>"Blacksploitation" was very big in the early '70's. I wonder if TCM ever did a profile on them? Probably in a February?

I believe they did back about seven years ago. But it was part of celebrating Black History Month which now gets the shaft (no pun intended) since the Oscar telecast moved to February and thus we get "31 Days of Oscar."

And I don't mean Oscar Micheaux.