Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jane Russell in "The French Line"

mikeybaby

Hello, I'm wondering if TCM can release a dvd of the Jane Russell movie "The French Line" for the U.S.

I don't believe this film is available on dvd for U.S. region 1 and I'm sure there are others who would love to own this great movie.

Thanks, Michael

Welcome to the boards, Michael. TCM does not release DVDs. It doesn't own the films and only has an arrangement with the various studios and distributors that allows the use of the TCM brand for purpose of marketing those DVDs. I don't think TCM really has much say as to what actually gets released.

Last year when someone asked Warner Archive Collection on their Facebook page about a French Line DVD release, their response was:

"...We won't go near THE FRENCH LINE, in the hopes that it will have another shot at infamy as a restored 3D Blu-ray from Warner Home Video. To release it in 2D now that the technology exists for a 3D presentation would ostensibly be, dare we say, "looking for trouble."

So, all I can say is let's inundate WHV with requests to release a RESTORED UNCENSORED version of THE FRENCH LINE on blu-ray and/or DVD.

I recently saw THE FRENCH LINE in it's original uncensored 3D print at the 3D film festival in Los Angeles...wow...what a treat!! Not a great film but oh, so much fun and of course, Jane is a Va-Va-Voom Delicious!

Edited by: LawrenceW on Oct 12, 2013 5:13 PM

Edited by: LawrenceW on Oct 12, 2013 5:14 PM

Edited by: LawrenceW on Oct 12, 2013 5:14 PM

Edited by: LawrenceW on Oct 12, 2013 5:15 PM

Edited by: LawrenceW on Oct 12, 2013 5:15 PM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings