Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Two women living in a mansion. Early 1970's

Geralddddd

I know this is a long shot but, here goes nothing...

I saw this film on the internet and never knew the title of it.

Two women live in a mansion. Stepmother and step daughter. Its pouring rain outside and a man comes in for shelter. After a while they are afraid of this man and the step mother kicks him out. Later he comes back because the reason he came the first time was he knew there was jewels hidden in the home. He finds the jewels as he is stabbed by one of the women. They were hidden inside the grandfather clock.

They try to hide the body but they do a very poor job. As the police are coming to their home, the movie ends.

If anybody has a clue what the name is, I would appreciate it. I believe the daughter was a well known actress but, before she made it big.

Thanks in advance.

Can't say with certainty this is the film you're asking about but *Picture Mommy Dead* (1966) has a few of the plot elements you've described, but not all. Stepmother, stepdaughter an old mansion and a diamond necklace that's been hidden. Martha Hyer is the stepmother, Susan Gordon the stepdaughter and Zza Gabor as the mother who is murdered.You might want to read the plot synopsis of that film.

Thanks for both of your responses.

It wasn't a horror films and the husband/father wasn't in the film. Just the two women and the visitor.

All I can go by is I think the younger actress is well known but, before she was famous. And I think she was European.

Thanks again

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings